Wife's new AR15

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by JonM, Jun 30, 2012.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

did some shopping today and got the wife a BCM midlength from midwest industries with the lightweight MI free float tube and an aimpoint red dot. she likes the simple put the dot on it and shoot. she also likes the really light weight of this model.

im going to slap some mbus magpul sights on it for backup for her. she hasnt picked a sling yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

while i was there i grabbed a saiga 12 thats already been converted. cant wait to try it on the skeet range!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gunnovice09

gunnovice09 New Member

Sounds like a good day!

3. okdonk

okdonk New Member

What riser are you using for the Aimpoint? Is it DD? I'm wondering if Vortex Sparc will be able to use the risers or QD mounts available for Aimpoint T1/H1?
    Anyway nice good looking new toys!

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Wow! What a day of shopping! Sounds like the M16 money's burning a hole in your pocket, Jon. ;-)

Nice buys by the way...

5. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I'm a lil disappointed Jon. Where are the puppy paw handguards?

Oh and pics or it never happened..

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

yeah shopping isnt done yet got one or two more toys the rest goes to the wife's horse fund *sigh*

those are on the rra varmint rifle she thought she wanted until she tried to lift a similar one lol. the weight was more than she wanted

not sure what mount that is it came with the aimpoint. its what midwest industries puts on the ones they sell in their storefront. looked like a decent mount so i said sure ill try it on her gun. ill ask em when i go there next

its a qd mount single point. the screw hole in the pic just attaches the throw arm

i put my sparc on the saiga 12 should be a hoot at the geezer filled trap range

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Why can't a find a man who wants to buy me guns? :(

8. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Hang out at the range here . Youll find lots...or be creeped out. One or the other

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

Hey, Marlin's trying to hook you up with Texas!! Come on, he's a good guy!

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

i practicaly gave you a very sweet 22...

the range i go to i get creeped out at times and im a guy...

11. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

That made me lol

12. Seven

Seven New Member

BCM ftw!

By the AK shooters that wear flip-flops or the AR shooters that want to follow you home and 'help' you break down your gun?

13. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

omg sweet Saiga. Definately on my want list....details after a range date plz! ooOOoOoo mebbe another vid Jon o_O ?

14. JonM

JonM Moderator

Wife and i are going next weekend to bust some clays. Cant hit the trap range cuz she has a walking cast atm broke chips of bone in her ankle tripping on a hose at the horse barn :( but a new vid is a great idea of the saiga busting clays with a red dot.

Lol you should see the hate looks i get when im outshooting the ar guys with a 80 year old mosin!! One guy last week running a stag with a bsa reddot, the bsa pretty much disintegrated on his rifle. He was pretty mad. I really wanted to suggest buying a vortex if he wanted a good cheap dot optic.

15. winds-of-change

Yes, you did. I love that gun, as you know, and I'm very thankful to you. I'll quite complaining now. :D

16. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Jon, I'm still kinda reeling... Two BCMs in a month! I've fallen behind by one. :p

Oh well I do have a DD to go with my BCM - which does put me in the "1 is none, 2 is 1" category. :D

Anyway, way to go... and thumbs up on the new purchases!

17. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Only me who ain't making purchases ;(.

18. winds-of-change

Nope. I'm not,either. Haven't bought a new gun since April.:(

19. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Jon,

Well my friend you sure got your points in today didn't you! :D That is a nice looking weapon for sure and I am sure she is very pleased with it as well as the Old Man! Let us know when you get the accessories added on and lets see her first Range Report! Looking forward to it. Good Job!

20. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Time's a wastin', WOC. We've got all these stickies for building or buying ARs here! I think every moderator should be required to have an AR... and 1911 ... and... :p