Wife's first gun

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by spenc, Jan 14, 2012.

1. spenc

spenc New Member

My wife picked out and bought her first gun today. A Ruger sp 101! We both loved shooting it and I'm happy with her choice!

Attached Files:

2. jrags

jrags New Member

How much? What caliber is that? Thinking of a Ruger LCR myself in .357 mag.

3. spenc

spenc New Member

It's a .357 mag with the 2.25" barrel. Picked it up for $480. She was looking at the lcr as well but decided that she liked the additional weight and the stainless finish of the sp 101 better.

4. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

5. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Awesome little gun. A friend of mine had one, and I always liked shooting it. It would send a "ring of fire" rolling about 5 ft downrange with the .357 ammo...very cool!

6. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Suggestion; get the hougue grips.

My son has one I shot It with the ruger grips, great gun. Then he bought the grips at a gunshow for15.00, now it's even better.
    NICE GUN!

7. spenc

spenc New Member

Yea she was considering getting those or Crimson traces... I like them both, but it's her gun so whatever she likes is cool with me. I'm just happy she likes it and wants to shoot it a lot!

8. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Exactly what im gonna be getting in a couple weeks for EDC.. Cant wait..

9. mcb

mcb New Member

Very nice. My wife bought a s&w 642 ct last year. She loves the crimson trace grips.

10. JoshX3Magazine

JoshX3Magazine New Member

Great choice! I've been carrying a .357 SP101 w/ 3" barrel and Hogue grips as my (almost) daily carry for a year or so now and I love it. Accurate, reliable and built like a brick...house...

11. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Good choice. My daughter has one, and we both love it. The only fault I could find with it was when I went to put a spring kit in it. It was a vocabulary building adventure. The trigger group tended to want to come apart causing a couple loaded springs to unload.