Wife wants a new AR15 :(

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by JonM, Mar 17, 2012.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

i got the latest issue of shotgun news at walmart yesterday as it had a good article on ww2 bolt guns, the desert eagle, and psl's. my wife saw the add for the new eichler (whoever that is) ar15.

[​IMG]

now she wants one because the handguards have puppy paw prints... *sigh*

2. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

fred eichler

:D Puppy paws? Sounds familiar...I can empathize Jon. ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS4jbSe-AlM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS4jbSe-AlM[/ame]

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

so he is a nut then... *sigh* maybe i can just get the handguard and put it on her current rifle.

sad thing is she gives me hell about my pink guns but she wants a puppy paw ar15??!!??!?????

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  4. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

5. frostyone

frostyone New Member

I wish my wife wanted an AR let alone any gun. She talked about getting getting her CCL but I can't get her to buy her own gun.

6. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Give her a gift certificate that has to be used to buy a gun.

7. frostyone

frostyone New Member

Thats a great idea, my brother, who currently resides in our home, just picked up a bersa thunder 380 and I want her to like it simply because I could really use one to carry when it's too hot to carry my springfield 1911. I really like that weapon an love the price. Hopefully she will feel the same once she shoots it.
    Ultimately she needs to love my AR enough for me to put together another. PRAYING

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

She's a good wife. Buy her one and quit complaining. :mad:

Why does she give you hell about your pink guns. Didn't she pick one out for you? :confused:

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

I guess its next on the list. And she did get me the pink bersa thunder. But she still gives me grief over em.

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

She puts up with you, Jon. Buy her the darned gun!!!

11. fickenmeimirish

fickenmeimirish New Member

Icould live without the paws.. but at least its a RRA so you know its reliable and will shoot straight

12. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Have her current AR hydro dipped. The AR pictured looks a little on the heavy side.

13. BCMjUnKiE

BCMjUnKiE New Member

I have all kinds of guns and the wife has no idea how to operate any of them. I told her she needs to learn because if something happens to me she is screwed. That sort of woke her up a little. Still working on getting her to the range. My local Gander Mountain has an indoor range that you can shoot anything from full-auto, shotgun, pistol, rifle, except a .50. The also have a simulation situation area with Glock pistols that operate on Co2 and recoil like the real thing. I think the simulation will be where I start her off first.

14. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I said the same thing to my wife after asking her to make the trip to Gander Mnt. Academy. In three years she's hit the range twice. I like the time away but she needs to know safely use them. It's a double edged sword.

15. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

I get the double edged sword thing. It's the same with my girlfriend. She's into shooting, but luckily she doesn't like shooting rifles so she only goes when I only bring pistols.

-Fred