Wife & that damn pocketbook!

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by PanBaccha, Aug 3, 2011.

1. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Having trouble here. :(
    I would feel better if wife had a concealed carry revolver.
    But I believe once placed in her pocketbook (where she
    would only consider carrying
    ) it would be akin to losing it
    along the 'Bermuda Triangle' never to be found again, what
    with all her 'stuff' in there. What would be the point of
    carrying if she can't defend herself with it if the need ever
    arose? :confused: Help me guys!

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011

3. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I was taught that women who carry in their purses are only potentially arming a purse snatcher. Not to mention all the little things that accumulate in the bottom of a purse that can gunk up a gun. Personally, I wouldn't even carry a gun in a purse specifically made for carrying a gun. But that's just me. If I were to carry, it would only be on my person.

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Flashbang Bra Holster

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8r6CY5UZyw]‪Flashbang bra holster demo, sexy, fast, and practical.‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

6. orangello

orangello New Member

I must admit to having cleaned molten caramel from my sister's old .25 purse gun more than once. The bersa she took from me sits in a pocket-type holster inside the side pocket of her purse; the .25 has been relegated to the car door pocket.

7. winds-of-change

8. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

9. Dennis845

Dennis845 New Member

Believe me, I know the feeling. The wife's purse is more akin to an American Touristy king size suitcase. Whether is be her keys, cell phone or whatever, it's always at the bottom and has to dump it out to get what she needs. I wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy Hoffa was hiding in there :eek: I wouldn't trust her with a CCW in her suitcase.

10. Buckeyeborn

Buckeyeborn New Member

That bra Thingy is cool but some serious muzzle sweep going on
    Please please watch that trigger finger no booby damage for me
    Thanks

11. winds-of-change

Guys take a similar risk when they carry either Mexican style or otherwise IWB. [​IMG]

12. orangello

orangello New Member

Smaller targets though, and less aesthetically pleasing. :D

13. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I would not buy my wife a purse on the internet. I am a loyal customer of midwayusa.com. But women are very picky about their purses. My wife carries a J-Frame. She uses a "Gun Toting Mama" purse. There are very good. But there are a bunch of different sizes, styles and colors. There is a zipper compartment for the gun with a built in holster that is interchangeable. The gun does not enter the main compartment where she keeps all her stuff. There is a steel cable in the strap so that it can not be cut.

My wife took a solid month of looking at purses at different dealers before she made a decision. It was about $100. But I like it because she is always armed. Forget about pocket carry. Ladies pockets are too small for any gun out there except maybe an NAA revolver.

I would be scared that I might accidentaly shoot myself trying to cop a feel if she used one of those bra holsters.

14. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Thank you all for your feedback!
    Now, if only I can get a smiling but
    stubborn wife to see the logic of your replies.
    :rolleyes: