wife is prepping now!

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by wyoprepper, Jun 21, 2012.

1. wyoprepper

wyoprepper New Member

Finally got the wife to realize she needs to help me prep. At first she thought I was nuts until I pulled the "kids " card and how we need to do it for them.
    I told her anything ANYTHING can happen and I want to be a few steps ahead of others. So today she is going to the 1$store to get some can goods and anything else we can stock pile.
    Im a firm believer that somethings happening and I refuse to be a victim.
    this just made my day!

2. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Good deal, nice to have the spouse involved.

3. wyoprepper

wyoprepper New Member

I no right?! None of my friends prep the only other person I no is my uncle and but hes the tin foil hat type

4. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I don't prep, not that I have anything against it. I just don't. I have finally gotten a date set to take my wife shooting. Her first time, with a 22 we bought her. Not the same deal but yeah. Hope you guys enjoy it together.

5. vincent

vincent New Member

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I'm not a prepper. I am a well trained survivalist that just happens to be a reactionary constitutionalist that has an affinity for collecting war related objects. Lol

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I'm not a prepper. I AM a country boy that has been thru too many times of "power is out, and even if you COULD get to the store, it's closed."

8. wyoprepper

wyoprepper New Member

Im not gunna dooms day prep and have 50 year supply for 50 people I dont have that kind if money.
    Its more of a just in case anything happens im ahead of the pack. Being in wyoming is just one step

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Hell brother your already one step ahead of most , even if got snowed in , flooded , etc your one step ahead of the others that did nothing . We keep alot of stuff on hand that has a long shelf life, we dont keep a ton of it because if something happened and we had to go where would we put it all . Enough for a couple weeks with the wife and 2 kids is a large step , Water will be the big one to stock pile ,you use it for everything , everyday of the yr.
    We are also in the process of selling our house and our rental property in town and buying a house on 2 acres in the country , Cant wait to get the hell outta town and away from neighbors .

10. wyoprepper

wyoprepper New Member

I have good credit just not long enough credit to get a nice chuck of land a couple miles outta town or I would scram outta town to

11. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Well unfortunantly I have to sell both my properties to buy this one , but hell yeah it will be worth it , Im tired of being the local slum lord around here #1 I dont have the time #2 and having my stuff trashed out and spending a ton of $$$ to fix it . I will post up some pics of my recent redo from the last scumbags I had in there . :(
    the clean spot is where their couch sat :( and it all looked like that clean spot when they moved in

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  12. wyoprepper

wyoprepper New Member

My best friends ma did rentals. I think he counted 18 at one time but yeah. He had to help her clean them when they moved out and some of the storys he tells me make me gag.
    One house he said had kitchen maggots. Talk about gross and unhealthy

13. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Wyo, slow but steady wins the race. Having enough canned food for a few days or a coupla weeks is just basic common sense.

After that, you don't need to spend alot of money quickly but you do need to learn a little, plan, and act. Put it this way -- if you ate all-storeable food and bought twice as much as you have till now, it would take a year to have a year's supply of food.

Don't waste time and money: read a bit, plan your work and work your plan.

14. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Wyo, slow but steady wins the race. Presuming nothing happens tomorrow. Having enough canned food for a few days or a coupla weeks is just basic common sense.

After that, you don't need to spend alot of money quickly but you DO need to learn a little, plan, and act. Put it this way -- if you ate all-storeable food and bought twice as much as you have till now, it would take a year to have a year's supply of food.

Don't waste time and money: read a bit, plan your preps and work your plan.

15. wyoprepper

wyoprepper New Member

What would u suggest as a plan?

16. BlueKooEKoo

BlueKooEKoo New Member

Plan for different things... pick one like natural disaster (kick ass storm came through, took no prisoners). Food for a week or more? How ya gonna cook it? How you gonna see what youre cooking? Where you gonna sleep? How are you gonna get news that help is on the way? How are you gonna charge your cell phone and check facebook? Kidding. Pick one thing and start examining it from every angle...

17. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

There are a few books on prepping and sites with stickies you should read. But look at the basics: food and water, clothing, shelter, health, security. Short, intermediate, and long term.

I would make suggestions for some but you need to know a little more (I say that not to be mean because you and the Mrs. have already learned the most critical lesson), there are different opinions and options, and I'm relatively new here, so...

18. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Amen brother, let the land provide an you shall not be without.

19. Hectocotylus

Hectocotylus New Member

So is she fortifying the kitchen? :)

20. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Think of prepping a bit differently.

If they have a 25% off sale on TP, what happens if you buy 6 months worth? Three months from now, they do the sale again, buy another six months worth. Suddenly you have 9 months worth. Do this on everything you normally buy, only get it on sale, buy several months worth at a time. Over a year or two, you'll begin to look like "real preppers" Best part, you're saving money!