Wife is pissed but I am happy

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by pandp, Jun 1, 2009.

1. pandp

pandp New Member

Well, I have been researching various pistols for the past couple of weeks, mainly because I would like to have another concealed carry option available to me. I currently have a Ruger sp101 (.357 revolver) and absolutely love it. I have a soft spot for revolvers, probably because I grew up firing them. They just feel "right" in my hands. I certainly appreciate the reliability of a revolver in dangerous situations. If you pull the trigger and for some reason it goes "click", just pull it again. So why do I need another gun? I don't. But after firing a friend's XD I fell in love...again. I was certainly sold after reading the torture test they put that poor XD 9 through. I have been drooling over the OD Green and stainless 45 compact but haven't been able to find one...until yesterday. Of course I bought it immediately and put 150 rounds through it. It sure is a hell of a gun.

Here is how I informed my wife:

*I walk through the door*

me: "Hey, thanks for the father's day present!"

her: "Oh ****, what have you done?"

me: "I thought you wanted me to have something nice for father's day?"

her: "Did you buy a motorcycle?"

me: "No, a gun."

her: "Oh brother, that's all you need is more guns. You don't get to open it until father's day then!"

:mad:

Attached Files:

2. warrioroftheland

warrioroftheland New Member

well congrats on the new XD. enjoy it.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Good on ya'.

4. Going Postal

Going Postal New Member

...and it's a .45. That is a good looking gun and BTW Happy Father's Day..

5. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Nice! I've got one just like it, except mine isn't stainless. You're going to love it!

6. Succinct

Succinct New Member

NIICE! I loved the dialogue and particularly the part about how the only other choice was a motorcycle (something I've also newly developed a Jones for but my wife has absolutely vetoed since we have small children - it took PrezBO (and Barney and Queen Nancy and Chris and Harry, et al) to get her to come around on the gun issue)!! At least she supports my Corvette jones (soon, I hope, if any are still available in Summer 2010....)....

Anyway, I won't be tacky and ask you what you paid for it, but I WOULD like to know about how much more was the stainless versus the black? (if you don't mind - I am going to a gun show next Saturday and I plan to get there an hour early just for the sole purpose of buying an XD-45 Compact exactly like yours).

7. w_houle

w_houle New Member

Congrats... so where's the range report?

8. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

The xd45's in 4" stainless are going for around $550- $575 here, the blued slide is about $30-40 less.

9. Stealie

Stealie New Member

Nice XD you got there. My XD40sc is awesome. Springfield is making some sweet pistols.

10. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Sounds like it wasn't too painful. Well done.

11. fxstchewy

fxstchewy New Member

12. orangello

orangello New Member

Haha! Yours wasn't ripe either. :D
    j/k I got the green by scarcity & impatience, but it has grown on me greatly. I have the black slide though.

13. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

Nice gun...congrats! :)

14. SGT_Calle

SGT_Calle New Member

I really want one of these in either OD or Desert with the stainless slide. They are darn hard to come by. I already have a 4" XD40 that I love. I was impatient buying it and just bought the black... I'm going to hold out this time and find exactly what I want with the 45.
    Beautiful gun and hey, at least it's not a motorcycle! :)

15. NYPD13

NYPD13 New Member

Yeah thats how the conversation tends to go in my house too, Congratulations on the new Springer.

16. dirtbikingdad

dirtbikingdad New Member

I have a sneaky feeling that it'll have some rounds through it before June. Happy Father's Day!

Hmmm.. I have an idea.... Nah, I better not pull that at my house! :mad::)

17. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

^^^^Yeah, seeing that it was OP'd June 1st.:D

18. dirtbikingdad

dirtbikingdad New Member

Old threads never die. :D