Wider Trigger Attachment?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by RossA, Sep 21, 2011.

1. RossA

RossA New Member

I once had a pistol that had some sort of aftermarket device applied to the trigger with set screws. It basically made the trigger wider and more comfortable to pull double action.
    Anyone ever heard of anything like this?

2. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

3. RossA

RossA New Member

That's what it looks like, only not purple!
    Trigger shoes, now I can look them up online.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

One company that made a lot of them was Tyler. They also made a clip on grip adapter for revolvers. Tyler Manufacturing and Distribution Company, Inc Be SURE that the trigger shoe is not wider than the trigger guard. Saw an FBI agent blow the back out of his J Edgar suit when reholstering in a shoulder holster- trigger shoe snagged holster. :eek:

5. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

"Be SURE that the trigger shoe is not wider than the trigger guard."

A S&W with a target trigger has a trigger wider than the trigger guard,at least on many models. I would never recommend a trigger shoe of any kind on a carry weapon.

6. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

In addition if using a trigger shoe, be absolutely sure they are secure on the trigger. If not they have been known to slide down striking the trigger guard preventing the trigger from being be pulled to the rear.

7. RossA

RossA New Member

All good advice.
    I think I could probably solve some of these potential problems with a few easy remedies:
    If the shoe is wider than the trigger guard, file or grind down the shoe carefully on each side so that it is not too wide. Then polish so it is smooth.
    To keep it from coming loose, drill small (emphasis on small) indents into the hammer where the set screws go, and Loctite the screws.