WI conceal carry

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by JonM, May 4, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

some real good news for the peoples republik of wiosconsin. vote expetceted in June

it has bi partisan support. the last two times it passed with overwhelming majorities in house and senate but vetoed by the slime sucking jim doyle. the last veto came within one vote of being over ridden the deciding vote cast by a rino republican.

New concealed carry bills go further than past efforts - JSOnline

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

one other thing. last two times it passed the democrats controlled both houses with more than a few rino republicans across the isle.

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Get in line to be the first CWP!

5. Jacob2

Jacob2 New Member

I live in Wausau and I started seeing Equip 2 Conceal classes all over the place, so it sparked my intrested and of course signed up for the class.

They go over everything you need to know on your firearm to protect yourself and to maintain and handle it along with going over the laws in great detail. This class was extremely helpful!

I would recomend this class to anyone, I believe their website is Concealed Carry Classes | Equip 2 Conceal

But anway,
    Support our rights!

6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Stop by the Introduction section and tell us more about yourself.

7. hardenedprepper

hardenedprepper New Member

8. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

I'm ready for my CCW!!!

9. ArmedBadger

ArmedBadger New Member

A very good time to be a Wisconsinite!

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

from what i understand of the new law my old expired texas ccw permit will qualify if not i still got my army dd214 with 95B mos and MP training certificates.

11. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

hunter safety will do it for me its in the list they put out.

12. TexasRog

TexasRog New Member

Hopefully there will be reciprocity laws with other states. I sort of doubt other states will honor Wisconsin because they have very lax training requirements.A hunter saftey certificate? A joke really if you become involved with an encounter with the bad guy. It is hunter safety..so you dont shoot yourself or your hunting buddy. They teach you how to cross a fence, climb a tree with a weapon, transporting laws etc. It wont help you stay out of trouble doing your job while carrying. By all means take a good course and memorize what you are going to do after you yank the trigger! Texas has a 10 hr course minimum including range time. A test and marksman training is included for first timers. I know its your constitutional right to protect yourself, but so is the class so you dont get in trouble after the shooting!

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

there is no proof training helps people with use of force. states that have training requirments have the same results per capita that states without training requirments do.

our ccw law training is modeled strongly on florida.

ive been through texas ccw course. i was one of the first group in texas to get a ccw license. the texas course was a joke. if you want real use of force take a real self defense course. all state dictated ccw curriculum is pretty worthless. people are better off with a hunter safety than all the half true stuff you get in ccw classes. at least you get useful info in gun handling

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  14. Davo45

Davo45 New Member

If Wisconsin's CCW lawis patterned after Florida's then I expect Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, Arkansas and some others I can't remember will have reciprocity agreements as long as Wisconsin honors theirs.

15. JonM

JonM Moderator

from what i understand wisconsin is going to honor any ccw permit that has a training requirement. but nothing official yet

16. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

Passed my HUNTER SAFETY COURSE last week and the instructor said to me that the corse WILL NOT be good enough for the CCW PERMIT! so on Monday I call the DEPT.of JUSTICE in Madision and told him what my intructor said to me and that is on the list NO MATTER WHAT THE DNR TOLD THEM! so now I'm all ready!!!! . He also told me that they have to get their database together and hire alot of people to push papers.

17. JonM

JonM Moderator

There is a lot of bs floating around from these trainers in wi. An acquantance just got done with his utah license and the instructor told him that he could start carrying nov1 due to reciprocity. Some of these trainers are going to get a lot of people in trouble legally.

Constitutional carry woulda been so much better or just a no training permit. Due to all the wrong information beimg handed out by these "trainers".

18. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

the guy also told me that Wisconsin wont EXCEPT utah/Florida!! but the guy at the JD told me as long as other States do a background check Wis. would except the CCW as long as it meets Wis.standards.

19. armoredman

armoredman Member

AZ will honor the WI permit. :)

20. JonM

JonM Moderator

that guy is a nut LOL!!