Why?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by mountainman13, Nov 29, 2012.

1. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I just registered for the glock armorers course coming up in 6 months. Now I'm asking myself why I keep spending money on "courses". I already know the glock inside and out and I get parts pretty cheap as it is. It's gonna suck sitting through another class covering what I already know. Why do I feel the need to have all these stupid certificates?

2. MoreAltitude

MoreAltitude New Member

I know a guy who was telling me he downloaded the course (illegally) through a internet torrent awhile ago. He offered a copy to me but I have no need, don't know exactly what's in it, or how useful it would be but it was 1.27 gigs of data and said glock armorers course as the file name.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Interesting but wouldn't get you certified.

4. oli700

oli700 New Member

your insecure and you like to brag to your friend and people you meet in the bar ?

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Lol. I don't drink.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

For the same reason that I have these framed bits of paper hanging on the wall in the office.

There will come a time when I will need to demonstrate- IN ADVANCE- to someone that as a matter of fact, I AM damn expert in that particular field. They do not know me for the incredibly intelligent and witty person that I am- so they have to judge my quals by the initials behind my name, and the papers that say others have found me to know my stuff.

You may not be taking the class for additional knowledge to be gained (although sometimes there IS a nugget of learning you did not expect)- but you ARE taking the class for the CERTIFICATION that it imparts.

7. Griffworks

Griffworks New Member

Maybe you should start...?

:D

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Don't you hate all those stupid pieces of paper? You pay all this money and spend all this time for a piece of paper signed by someone the customer has never met but it actually makes a difference to the customer what that random person says you know. It's craziness.

9. oli700

oli700 New Member

Oh, lol.....I got lots of paper and training too, what I like is to not let anyone know.

I remember once at work, I was just working with the guys , at the time we were doing work for another agency , and their sup was treating us like slaves.....the entire time I didn’t say anything....it turned into a 10 minute BS session at one point and it came to me...the usual how long, title and all....23years Battalion Chief....let the back pedaling and stutter stepping begin lol.
    Sometimes I’ll get in with crews not working that hard and kinda stand around till they call the incident commander on the radio and I answer……you never saw so many lazy asses jump at once. It’s the little things in life lol

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

It will attract wimmen?

11. orangello

orangello New Member

If that got hands big enough for the 2x4 grip, you better check for an adams apple or other nonregulation equipment.
    :p

12. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

:eek:
    Gud call :p

13. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Oh, HELL no! I even added a couple. Complete with OFFISHYAL gold seals! My pride and joy, burried amongst the rest of the stuff on my "I love me" wall is a cert declaring I was the honor graduate of the Acme Typewriter & Thermonuclear Weapons Repair School.

Sometimes folks even read them- like the one from Guido's School of Mortuary Science and Embalming- motto "You stab 'em, we slab 'em!"

:p

14. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

(From somewhere in left field....)

It is better to be qualified and not certified, than to be certified and not qualified!

But it is best to be qualified and certified.

15. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Problem is people assume you're not qualified if you're not certified.