Why you should know state gun laws when traveling

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by pandamonium, May 2, 2010.

1. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

There was an arrest at the airport that I work at yesterday morning, now I don't have all the details yet but I'll update when I get more info.
    A Florida resident who is attending college in Maine, was traveling home, he drove from Maine to New Jersey and bought a ticket to Florida, the young man had in his posession an AK-47, NOT legal to have in NJ, he had it in a case that was locked and declared it to the airlines,I'm not sure if TSA discovered the type of firearm or he told the airline the type, but the NJ State Troopers were notified and the guy was arrested. This is a prime example of a reason to KNOW the laws of any state you may be traveling through. I hope the kid gets the charges dropped and his firearm back.
    On a side note, the Trooper that arrested him was VERY upset that he had to make the arrest, I talk to this Trooper all the time and he is a great guy.

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I hope the kid can get out of it and get his weapon back. I hate to hear these stories because if the weapon was locked in a case the guy was being responsible and trying to do the right thing. Some idiot law maker decides he shouldn't have that gun and now he's in trouble.

3. RadioActiV

RadioActiV New Member

Yeah I know exactly what he is going through. My ak was taken from me and destroyed:eek: in the state of Indiana. Because a judge saw it was fit to do so with it. It's a really long and drawn out story on how this came about but the end result is I no longer have my ak:( if you want to see what it looked like look at my pics and you'll see it with my sks and my us carbine.