Firearms Talk banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
When I use caps it is make a specific point. MOST people, in general, could not be trusted with a single action auto, that is why the Glock makes no sense at all for anyone who wants a safe carry hand gun. People can argue all they want, but carrying a Glock is like carrying a 1911 'cocked and UNLOCKED' period! I have ask if you are one of our 'younger' posters, so are you? I have had heated discussions with several 'younger' instructors about this topic for many years. Many of them have NEVER ever used a revolver, but they argue for an auto. Where do you fit in this discussion?
I was just pulling your chain Jim. I am actually not young, and my first handgun was a revolver, Dan Wesson 357 4"

·
Premium Member
11,297 Posts
People that have not been there will never understand. What I'm reading is the description of a tough minded survivor.
Yes. If someone asked me who the toughest person I know is, it's her, hands down. No question in my mind, because she was the one that helped me back up, when what I was going through broke me. The onw who wouldn't let me get quit, when I lost all hope.

I always worried about my first wife, if something happened to me. She always did best with someone else around. I don't with this one.

We're not together because we need eaxh other, We are together because we both want the other one in our life.

When I use caps it is make a specific point.
Might have to do with words in all CAPS, implying yelling Jim. Part of why I dropped the app, as it didn't offer underline, Italics, or Bold, which most of us use for emphasis. When I post from the phone, I use my browser, as these options are on that platform.

And yes, some of us do see it as you yelling at them. Not me, I just see the way you always post.

A Glock is no different than a ton of other semi autos without safetys. People carry them and use then everyday by the millions.

Im far from a " younger" anything concerning firearms . And i cut my teeth on revolvers.
I like them fine. Fact is though most women ive taught do not like them. Especially the much ballyhooded " ladies gun" the j frame.
I get it old guys think revolvers were and are the cats meow.

But nobody in this thread including me knows what " most people " are capable of safely carrying. I like Jim and others know what most follks we have dealt with are like.
But thats a drop in the bucket in relation to " most " gun ownercarriers
You train to how you carry, and what you carry. There are no truly unsafe firearm designs, only unsafe people.

I was just pulling your chain Jim. I am actually not young, and my first handgun was a revolver, Dan Wesson 357 4"
One of the first .357s my, daughter, and I fired was my uncle's 6 inch DW 15.

Wife now has an 8 inch with LER optic, she uses for handgun hunting, and her Christams present last year, was a pistol pack type barrel set, from 2 inch to 10 inch.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Several women have me for instructing or coaching or which gun to purchase, through the years.

Only 2 guys have ever asked what to buy?

What to buy? Whatever is comfortable to you.
What is your knowledge level?
0 or minimal - get some training, from me or someone else.
Basic - Go to a range that rents guns. Shoot a minimum of 4. 2 revolvers and 2 semi. Keep trying different models and calibers, until you find one you love. Get some training, with it.

Revolver or semi doesn't matter. Get what fits YOU.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts