Why the hell is US army still using the M16?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by theeuropeangoth, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theeuropeangoth

theeuropeangoth New Member

I'm wondering why the US military is still using the m16-family(Including the M4 Carbine) rifles.There are several better rifles in the world.

I personally tested several rifles:

-AK 103/104
    Great rifle.People say that AK are well know for not being accurate.Believe me:Mount a high-quality recoil-reducing stock and a couple of accessories(rails+t-grip), update the sights and handle it in the correct way:It will work surprisingly well.Still not conviced?Then try the AK 12:The M16 will look like trash!

-M14+Derivates
    The M14 is probably the best rifle ever made by the US.Solid,powerfull,precise and accurate.It's mechanism/system is something wonderful.At the moment it is used by Navy Seals and Delta Force and it is (many times) preferd to the M16.Just take this in consideration:It is more reliable than the M16, it is more accurate than the M16 and it is more powerfull than the M16.In addition to that, you can turn it to ''Bullpup'' configuration and can use it as an assault rifle, a battle rifle, marksman rifle, sniper rifle(Just take in consideration the M14 EBR).Rate of fire?20 rounds clip empty in 2 sec!

-H&K G36
    Polymer Beauty.High-tech materials, very accurate and modern.It can be easely converted to a light machine gun if needed.H&K is one the best and most sophisticated manufacturer of automatic/battle/assualt weapons(Just consider the MP5 series, the MP9, G3, G36, HK 417).HK=Technologicaly Advanced and well engineered.

There are a couple more rifle I should mention, but I will not do it(The list is very long).
    What do you think about it?What would be your suggestion?

-

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  2. opaww

opaww New Member

Because the Army is not on welfare yet and can't afford to buy anything new? And I like and approve of your list, the M-14 the most.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Um, and this could just be me thinking out loud here, but probably because they have Shi'ite load of them in parts and service, they have all been trained and qualified with it, and it would cost way more money than the Obamination would want to spend to retool.

There is still that whole paper money, no gold backing, massive country debt to foreign bankers, recession thing going on...

JD

4. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Isn't the M14 still used by our military (SOCOM16)?

5. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

How old are you ? & I am not being a smart arss..............

6. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

I agree there are definatly better rifles out there, but it would cost a fortune america doesnt have to replace millions of m16's with m14's. The m16 as it stands is a great rifle and has served its purpose very well since its introduction in '63.

7. orangello

orangello New Member

I don't disagree, but for a first post, that reeeeks of troll.

edit* It would take a stout & trained individual to dump 20 rounds of .308 in two seconds.

8. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Not to be a wise guy but...my g36 is terrible. Just saying

9. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

I can take it off your hands if you dont want it :p

10. tacticalfun

Lol. Its been back to them twice....two new barrels later still cant hit the broad side of a bus

11. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

On second thought you can keep it.

12. tacticalfun

Thats what i thought lol

13. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Please stop by the "introductions" thread and tell us a little about yourself.

14. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Why do they still use the M-16/M4??

BECAUSE IT WORKS!

15. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I didn't know the M14 used "clips"!

...facepalm...

Please don't give the gub'ment any more reasons to spend money we don't have on things we don't need it spent on. If I ain't broke, don't fix it.

16. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Actually, the M-16 is a much better rifle now then it was upon introduction. Maybe even better then what Gene Stoner ever fully conceptualized (though the slow twist/hyper velocity bullet is effective beyond what one would think and we sorta got away from that).

As for the other guns, different, but better? Not really... Gotta start with the cartridge and build around it, all for the purposes for which you intend to deploy it.

I think that if MacArthur had let the Garand be adopted in 1936 in .276 Pedersen we'd be using an M-10 in a version of it to this very day...

Attached Files:

17. Seven

Seven New Member

My first thought/knee-jerk reaction...

My second thought...

And my third thought...

3. Have you [theeuropeangoth] ever been on a firearm forum?

18. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

Lets see.

1. Because it works.
    2. because it's easy to work on.
    3. Because it is easy to take care of.
    4. Because it is a solid platform.

I can go on and on. Why would we be using commie crap like the AK?

19. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

This is what happens when parents let their kids use the internet. "Clips"? Come one Johnny, gimme a break. When you are oild enough to actually buy a gun, then you can have an opinion.

20. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I liked my M-16. I liked it enough that when I finally had the money and the know how I built my own AR-15. Hmm...seems to me that is a pretty popular thing to do these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.