Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
30 is "just right" for an AR, loaded only weighs a pound. And 20 can be perfect at times. The Surefires are too heavy for me.

·
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
2,627 Posts
Quentin said:
30 is "just right" for an AR, loaded only weighs a pound. And 20 can be perfect at times. The Surefires are too heavy for me.
Exactly what I think, 30 rounds is the perfect capacity for a rifle

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I feel that the question isn't why want it, it's really what is claimed will be accomplished by banning them. Will mass murders not murder in masses because they only have access to 15 rounds magazines? Is it the 30 round magazine that prompts people to snap and head out to kill people in masses?

If there is empirical evidence of the fact that mass murders can be prevented if 30 round magazines were banned, then I'm in, sign me up.

If not than it's another example of swinging a hammer on a screw head.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Tyranny? I don't know. There is no amount of 30 round magazines that is going to help you defend against a drone strike...

Home defense I can rationalize it and hunting as well, even for sport shooting, there is a benefit to a 30 round magazine.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Kuz for 40 round mags are just a tad to heavy........and 10 rounds is definately not enough.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.