·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because anything larger would be bulky and unwieldy.:p:p

·
Registered
19,141 Posts
I don't know; i like the look of those 60 round Surefire mags. I don't have an AR though; don't squirrel hunt enough.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Why the hell do you want a 30 shot magazine?
The same reason I want a 300+ hp V8 & 4WD.

Because f*** you, that's why! :p

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
30 is "just right" for an AR, loaded only weighs a pound. And 20 can be perfect at times. The Surefires are too heavy for me.

·
Banned
18,636 Posts
Personally I want 20's. Aesthetics.

·
Banned
6,150 Posts
...because 100 round drums always seem to jam

·
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
2,627 Posts
Quentin said:
30 is "just right" for an AR, loaded only weighs a pound. And 20 can be perfect at times. The Surefires are too heavy for me.
Exactly what I think, 30 rounds is the perfect capacity for a rifle

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I feel that the question isn't why want it, it's really what is claimed will be accomplished by banning them. Will mass murders not murder in masses because they only have access to 15 rounds magazines? Is it the 30 round magazine that prompts people to snap and head out to kill people in masses?

If there is empirical evidence of the fact that mass murders can be prevented if 30 round magazines were banned, then I'm in, sign me up.

If not than it's another example of swinging a hammer on a screw head.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Because I want to be able to defend myself from the oppressors of our tyrannical government.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Tyranny? I don't know. There is no amount of 30 round magazines that is going to help you defend against a drone strike...

Home defense I can rationalize it and hunting as well, even for sport shooting, there is a benefit to a 30 round magazine.

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
Cause they work better for long patrols, stick the mag right into the front of my pants right behind my belt in a modified port arms!

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Kuz for 40 round mags are just a tad to heavy........and 10 rounds is definately not enough.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts