Why the AR15 remains my favorite rifle

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Amsdorf, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

Hey guys, I took a two day intensive class with AsymmetricSolutionsUSA last weekend. Wow they wrung my 51 year old arse out! But I learned SO much. If you want training with real-deal truly experienced special forces guys, this is the training place for you. It was amazing!!!

The training made me realize why I really love the M4 Carbine so much.

And, if I may, let me share a fairly brief video on the platform, which you might find useful to share with friends who have little or zero experience with it.

I had a Battlecomp compensator put on it, hence the very flat recoil, by the way.

Here's the video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db5N7xh-fSM[/ame]

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Amsdorf,

Good video! Thanks!
    I would have to agree! All around "one weapon to own" definitely is a rifle on the AR Platform. The versitility of the weapon, ammunition, speed of reloading, the availability of equipment and the ability to readily become very proficient with the weapon even for the ladies rate an A++!
    It is easy to handle, fast and very accurate, hardly any recoil regarding consecutive shots and alowing quick target acquisition. The optics available today make it almost impossible to shoot poorly. I love the M-14/M-1 As and all types of rifels. But if there was ever a day when the SHTF one of my choices will be the AR-15 platform along with mags and a good hangun.

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I agree. No other rifle family is as flexible and modular as the AR family. The 5.56 is a decent round to handle lots of situations, plus with a fairly small .22lr conversion unit you even can send rimfire down the tube. I can't think of anything close if you had to choose just one rifle.

No doubt there are lots of great rifles so I'm glad I don't have to choose just one!

4. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Attached Files:

• 020.jpg
      020.jpg
      File size:
      30.5 KB
      Views:
    • 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      22.7 KB