Why Parents Drink

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Jo da Plumbr, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Why Parents Drink

The boss wondered why one of his most valued employees was absent but had not phoned in sick one day.. Needing to have an urgent problem with one of the main computers
    resolved, he dialed the employee's home phone number and was greeted with a child's whisper

' Hello ? '

'Is your daddy home?' he asked.

' Yes ,' whispered the small voice.

May I talk with him?'

The child whispered
    , ' No .'

Surprised and wanting to talk with an adult, the boss asked, 'Is your Mummy there?' '

Yes '

'May I talk with her?'

Again the small voice whispered

' No '

Hoping there was somebody with whom he could leave a message, the boss asked, 'Is anybody else there?'

' Yes , ' whispered the child, ' a policeman .'

Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home, the boss asked, 'May I speak with the policeman?'

' No, he's busy , ' whispered the child.

'Busy doing what?'

' Talking to Daddy and Mummy and the Fireman , ' came the whispered answer.

Growing more worried as he heard a loud noise in the background through the earpiece on the phone, the boss asked, 'What is that noise?'

' A helicopter ' answered the whispering voice.

'What is going on there?' demanded the boss, now truly apprehensive.... Again, whispering, the child answered,

' The search team just landed a helicopter '

Alarmed, concerned and a little frustrated the boss asked, 'What are they searching for?'

Still whispering, the young voice replied with a muffled giggle....

' ME'

2. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Sounds like my son. I swear I'm paying for every bad thing that I've ever done.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I can just see it. :rolleyes:

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Every time my three boys got caught they would ask how I knew?

I would say, "Done that, been there, got the t-shirt."

God I don't want to know what I didn't find out about!! [​IMG]

5. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Three Boys!!!

You really are a veteran

6. orangello

orangello New Member

The major reason i never wanted to have kids!

7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I am too and GOOD LORD I was the good kid.

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

My old man used to say "I hope you grow up and have 10 just like you' whenever he got over being really upset with me.

Probably why I am not planning on having any kids... LOL

9. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Hey JD Kate Goslin is free and clear. You should hook up with her. I bet she is nice and easy.......... LOL

I can see it now. Kate who is this. This is my new man we will call him JD because he is a sissy and doesn't want to be on TV. (Fuzzy Blobs moves and says something in that robotic voice changer they use)

10. Last Crow

Last Crow New Member

When my daughters were about 8 and 10 there was a fire at the town house complex I lived at. My kids told me some of the boys in the area started the fire. I didn’t think any thing about it. The cops would have told me if my kids did it. About 22 years later I was told that my youngest daughter started the fire.

11. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

I'm just enjoying everyday of them now that they're babies. They rule!

12. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Had a difficult time punishing my kids even when they deserved it. Whatever mischief they had done was pale in the comparison to the crap I pulled at their age. It's amazing when they finally realize that you were a teenager once also...

13. mpd8488

mpd8488 New Member

You guys followed this balloon boy story? Looks like they found him hiding in a box in the attic. Talk about driving parents to drink. . .

14. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

I just checked in to voice that same opinion.

15. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

I heard there was an interview of the boy last night, and he said somthing to the affect that dad told the him to do this "for a show".

I think dads a media whore and wanted the publicity.

16. Tolga

Tolga New Member

hahahaaaaaaaaa...

This reminded me of why i dont choose to have kids to be honest.

17. WDB

WDB New Member

I expect that will become fact in the next few days. That craft couldn't float his son based on the helium volume. Also the capsol below the craft was cardboad and couldn't hold more than twn pounds with out failure. Add in a six year old hiding quietly for several hours while the local PD is calling out his name and searching the home. I know when my kids where that age they would come when I called them and expect if the local PD where looking for them they would come out frome hiding. This kid showed up shortly after it was discovered that he wasn't in the ballon.

I hope the parents have to pay for the emergency response and if there is a class action I would like $50 for the time I waisted following this story