Why mount a camera on a handgun?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Jpyle, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Anyone think this is a solution to a problem or just bait for the Glock bling crowd?

[​IMG]

2. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I see no reason to have one. They sell them for guns of all kinds and even for bows. I can see them used for hunting, so you can see the hunt over and over, but who wants to use that as evidence in a home invasion defense? The jury could have a field day with that stuff...:eek:

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Believe it or not, this was patented in the 1800's- listed in Winant's Firearms Curiosa- with a note that powdered magnesium could be added to the gunpowder to provide illumination for "night shots" Camera would take photo when fired.

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Does the HK have a rail? Do you use the cameras in your training of clearing the mall?

5. 556plinker

556plinker New Member

Hell with the digi cam....I'm thinking reel to reel in gatlinesque fashion.

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Why would a "pistol cam" be able to confirm that a good sweep of the room had been done? You would need a helmet mounted camera for that.

7. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Game...Set...Match...Robocop.

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

That's dumber then the bayonet, which I didn't think was possible.

9. jca1

jca1 New Member

Dang, I saw someone with one of those ghey bayonets not long ago. It was stoooopid looking.

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

With that little lens and the quick movement of the gun when clearing a room and firing your not gonna see sh!t really. Think about it. Get a small camera and attack it to a gun then go fire and record it. All your going to see is streaks of color.

11. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Wow, a mall cop lecturing a real one...:eek:

12. orangello

orangello New Member

OK, if i was a cop {shudders} i would want one to CMA in the event i had to shoot somebody without a reliable witness and out of sight of the dashcam. Of course, if it was just streaks of colors, it wouldn't be worth much.

I'm pretty sure i saw a Tazer video of a rabid fox attacking the LEO trying to round it up. If it is a good idea on a Tazer, i would think it just needed some serious beefing-up to be a good idea on a pistol.