Why? Just why?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by jjones45, Mar 7, 2014.

1. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't wear clothes with profanity on them. Some people do. A right is a right.

no offense and none taken

3. orangello

orangello New Member

I OC when I am fueling my car. The ethanol-free gas is in a challenged neighborhood, and it's easier to reach in a holster than on my seat.

4. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

But do you guys open carry an AR15 like this guy?

Never enough guns or ammo

5. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

This comes up all the time. If they aren't breaking any laws, why are the police asking them questions? Why are the police bothering them at all? This really should be a non issue as long as they aren't breaking the law. If the police didn't react then these guys would go away.

6. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Who cares what type of gun it is? Why does that matter? You can't detain someone for what they might do. You have to wait for them to break the law.

"To keep and bear arms" are the words, not "To keep and bear arms only if you are comfortable with it".

7. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

Yeah I understand that he didn't break any laws but walking around a busy area with an AR15 people and cops tend to get nervous especially with all the psychos and media frenzies. I just hate to see people do stuff like this just to do it for an response. Stuff like this is why gun laws get changed for the worse

8. Mercator

Mercator New Member

We had a clown in town a while ago who did just that. The cops determined he did not keep enough distance from a school building. The state law is largely silent on long guns. They will however treat your exposed AR as a probable cause to get started.

9. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

Cops will probably approach you if you open carry a handgun also if someone calls them, true enough. But this guy just had a lawsuit dismissed over a similar incident. He tries to get police to violate his rights so he can sue. I just can't go along with clowns who do this for this reason. And he makes videos for YouTube to boot. If you guys feel people reflect well on our gun community doing stuff like this be sure when you open carry your AR you make a video as well. Who knows you might get a pay day

10. G30USMC

G30USMC New Member Supporter

Some people do it just for the attention, they want to get a response from LE, and yes if a civilian calls to complain, we will check it out, if you are legit, we go about our business.

Doing this to get the "attention" just irritates me to no end.

Gives the law abiding citizen a bad name.......

11. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Anyone walking about deliberately trying to get into confrontation with police, does nothing for gun rights. Some people are frightened seeing people walking about firearms, and are going to ring the police. The police have to respond, with gun rights comes responsibility . I am all for gun rights but when I see people like in the video all I think is what a as*h*le.

12. orangello

orangello New Member

Nah, my car gun is usually my XD45 with a spare mag in a craptacular nylon holster of the generic persuasion.

In MS, we have OC and we have "car carry"-if it's in your car, home, property, or business, you can OC or CC without a permit. I think the knowledge that every third car has a firearm in it probably encourages some politeness in some traffic situations that might otherwise come with "venting".

13. orangello

orangello New Member

Just like those nasty demonstrators in Ukraine being mean to those poor riot police, darn rabblerowzers and their free speech and such.

:p

14. manta

Hardy a fair comparison, people have the right to do all sorts of things. But doing them just to get a reaction, I don't think its a useful way to get people that are maybe uncertain in their views on firearms on board with the pro gun view.

15. orangello

orangello New Member

Weeeeeell, those Ukers sure gathered a lot of support for their cause with some actions designed to get a reaction. I dare say many of us, had hardly a care at all for Uker interests before we saw them going at it with the riot police on TV. The demonstrators have effectively cemented Putin's role as a totalitarian villain and the pro-Russian's as his puppets.

Sometimes drawing attention to a contentious situation will get enough people interested in it to help the primary parties come to some sort of resolution. Of course, sometimes the Putin's will invade...can't win if you don't play.

16. manta

Yes or it could just make some more determined to put further restrictions on firearms. I don't see the point getting support from pro gun people. ( Preaching to the converted ) . Its getting the people that don't care one way or another to support firearms rights that's worth doing, that sort of stunt won't help.

17. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

My thoughts exactly. When open carrying a firearm or just walking around is it legal to deny to show your ID when you haven't broken any laws? I see this clown didn't show any. It makes sense to legally have to produce an ID to make sure you're of age or not a felon, but this guy had it all figured out.

18. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

Exactly. People are going to think that there are gonna be a whole bunch of gun owners walking around with AR's and the thought of this terrifies the none educated or people who just don't care for guns. Gees, AR's already have a bad rap because every crazy man who goes on a shooting spree has one. I wouldn't have minded this guys protest had he answered USA today and told why he did it and what he believes in. But no, he wants a payday.

19. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I have never seen anyone walking around with an AR 15 in an urban area. There were a bunch of AR 15's in Raleigh for a peaceful demonstration. But I have never seen anyone out with an AR 15 looking for police attention.

20. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

"Their swords, and every other terrible instrument of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American."
    I think we're done here. :p

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014