Why is the Gen 4 more than Gen 3?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by StanDJ77, Aug 30, 2010.

1. StanDJ77

StanDJ77 New Member

Today, i went to the range to bust off some rounds, and afterwards decided look around. Of course, i look for the glocks,sigs,etc. I noticed that they have Glocks for $425, which i thought was a good deal. Then i saw that they have gen 4 glocks for $610! Is there a good reason why the increase? is it because thier newer? i wanted a gen4 but now im hesitant:(

2. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Was the Gen 3 used? That beats the LEO price here.

3. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

4. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Glock improved the recoil spring (duel recoil springs) on the Gen 4 and it also comes with 3 mags and has an ambidextrous mag release. It has a shorter length of pull than the Gen 3 and comes with two different size back-straps that can be added to the grip.

We sell the civilian model Gen 4 for $50.00 more than the Gen 3, although, there is no difference in price for the LEO Gen 4 or Gen 3. $435.00 for either.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Could it be that they want you to look at something else (M1911a1)?

6. iMagUdspEllr

iMagUdspEllr New Member

The store I go to Jimmy's Pawn Shop in Fort Walton Beach FL. Sells all Glocks (gen 4, gen 3, or otherwise) for $410 before taxes to military members. I don't know if that is a military only or LEO and military only special though.

7. Bighead

Bighead New Member

Sounds like a good price for a new GEN3 without night sights, and a high price for a GEN4 even with night sights. Might be trying to take advantage of the new factor on the GEN4 pistol.