why I support the NRA & GOA

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by downsouth, Apr 9, 2013.

1. downsouth

downsouth New Member

2. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Why would Larry Pratt continue his attack on the NRA? Larry and his family owned business is a favorite of the Liberal Democrats. Anyone who attacks the NRA as not representing its members is saying what the anti gun movement wants to hear.
    I would think Larry and his family would join with the 5 Million NRA members to defeat the Liberals. Chas. Shumer the most rabid gun control poltician in America would be the leader of the Senate if GOA would have had its way. Harry Reid NRA member is refusing moves to ban magazine and semi autos. :( GOA is not spending their money to fight gun control. The GOA {Pratt} family makes a damn good living from the membership.:(

3. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

NRA just isn't fanatical enough for some folks.:(:(

4. downsouth

downsouth New Member

The nra supported harry reid in the last election. Radical enough for you ? If you would read the title of the thread it states I support both. It is like trying to push a chain dealing with you.

5. 1911love

1911love New Member

I support both bc we as gun owners need to use ALL means available to stop this bs from some states and DC.

6. locutus

I read your post. I know you support the NRA.

My comment was aimed at GOA. IMHO, that group does more harm than good with their constant attacks on the NRA!

In the political arena, APPEARANCE counts. If your organization APPEARS to be a bunch of fanatics, you alienate potential allies.

7. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

We have the same arguments here in Canada between pro-gun groups.

The more the merrier, sez I. More pro-gun groups gives the appearance of a groundswell movement, which politicians fear. Multiple organizations also keep each other on their toes.

As a Canadian gun owner, I do not want a single organization representing my interests. Even though the organizations tell me how good that would be, I know human nature. Power corrupts. Gun control is as much about statism as it is about guns. Why would I want to create an oligarchy to protest the notion of an oligarchy?

I believe the GOA was founded by a U.S. Senator? I would think he knew a thing or two about how to influence politicians.

Anyway, I am a member and contribute to both our national orgs (and, btw to the NRA). I just sent a few bucks to this international one that looks good, too:

http://iapcar.org

I don't want to say how much I have wrapped up in guns and accessories, but it's a lot. Donating hundreds each year is a minor detail to what I spend shooting and hunting. I don't mind spreading it around a little bit.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  8. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

If the NRA had not of supported Harry Reid we would have an Assault Rifle Ban. If Harry Reid NRA Member had lost the senate Chas. Shumer of New York would now head that branch of congress.
    Senator Shumer is the most anti gun politician in Washington DC. Harry Reid is from Nevada and needs the NRA support. He told Obama up front he would not introduce the AWB.
    It is a wonder we survive with gun owners who have no understanding of our governmental procedures.:(

9. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Your man Harry speaks about republican fillerbuster on gun control.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7xkKNnogVU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

10. downsouth

downsouth New Member

11. locutus

DS, pay attention to what a politician does, not to what he says.

Hell, I don't like Reid any better than you do. None of us here do. But if he keeps Chuckie Shumer out out the majority leader's seat, I can tolerate him.

Remember Stalin was our ally against Hitler. and that alliance worked. We dealt with Stalin after he helped us rid the world of Hitler.

12. downsouth

downsouth New Member

This I can appreciate and in the past would agree with you. However at this point I am so tired of the establishment, (republicans & democrats) that I am content with only those who seek to preserve our freedoms. That would be the likes of Senators Rand, Cruz, Lee and a few others. I have given up on the economy, deficiet, foriegn policy but I will only support those who aren't wrong for my rights.

13. locutus

:D Now you're making me push the chain!:D

14. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Thx Locutus. In place of reading and checking facts regarding this power play by the NRA which was very smart try smearing. What the Hell is "Your man Harry Reid getting rich" have to do with a political Chess games??
    Had our country not have enlisted pirates in the War of 1812 we would still be a British colony. There are times even today when an "Old Pirate" can be useful.:cool:

15. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

16. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The firearms issue in America is a broad issue. Support for shooting sports is not just an election day battle. It is about hundreds of NRA Certified Inst. and Range support operations. It is about training and creating interest in Jr. Marksman and Boy Scout shooting interest. The National Matches and local matches of all kinds.
    Without a continued national shooting and firearms development programs there would be no political fight. We would be like Canada and England.:(