Why I Prefer the 10MM

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by mseric, Aug 2, 2013.

1. mseric

mseric New Member

[​IMG]

Just kidding! Found this on another site and thought it was humorous with just a touch of reality.

2. bntyhntr6975

bntyhntr6975 New Member

Thats funny. Lol. Ive never shot a 10mm yet, would like to tho.

3. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

It may be cute but it is very misleading.
    Human beings are in no way shape or form able to "laugh off" 9mm hits.

4. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Let us test this...any volunteers? :D

5. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

what's up with the 40 stick figure? anyway, speaking of stick figures

Attached Files:

6. Intheshop

Intheshop New Member

That's funny.

I like the .45 the best,haha.

7. Apex-Predator

Apex-Predator New Member

Shame only Glock makes a high cap 10mm, I won't own a Glock, poor ergonomics and chamber issues are enough to keep me away from them, if Springfield makes an XDm10 though I will be the first in line to get one.

8. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I would own a 10mm in the all metal 1911 frame. Makes more sense for the more powerful cartridge.

9. string1946

string1946 New Member

I wouldn't recommend it but you can fire 40 S&W in a 10mm chambered pistol if push came to shove. I have a Colt Delta Elite. The extractor headspaces the shorter round well enough to allow it to fire. Your mileage may vary.

10. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I would NOT recommend this. Your extractor may hold the cartridge just fine. It is at least equally likely you will have a problem with it though. Get a Glock and buy a handfull of conversion barrels. Soon, I will have a 7 caliber G-20

11. AR10

AR10 New Member

Cut It Out! Now if you told me you did not want to wear red pants, and came up with a list of reasons, made your butt look big, attracted bulls, hear more fire trucks wearing them, my response would be, Cut It Out.

Now if you just simply state, you prefer any color of pants, but red, just cause, I could buy that.

You would buy an XDm, but not a Glock? Sounds to me you purchase your guns on the gun for personal reasons, not the track record of the gun or for the cartridge it shoots.

Last time I checked, everything that needs to be steel, is steel, and everything just fine being a polymer, is a polymer.

Everyone is allowed to have preferences. Preferences are not dogma.

I think the OP is right on, seeing how most everyone, including myself, gets a bit too worked up over brands and calibers.

OP, Very great post, thanks for sharing! My last purchase was a Glock 23C. I will try to be careful!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  12. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

Haha, that's pretty much what I think when I hear people brag on 10mm. I think it's overrated. I wanna shoot one myself, and see the ballistics first hand, rather than believe its some "miracle caliber."

13. mseric

mseric New Member

EAA Tanfoglio makes high cap 10MM pistols.

Their Compact models hold 12 + 1 and their Full size hold 15 + 1.

They even make a 10MM Hunter (15+1) with a 6 inch barrel.

http://eaacorp.com/portfolio-item/witness-hunter/

14. p35bhp55

p35bhp55 New Member

I've had a Delta forever, G20 for about 3 years, loaded hot they are not simply a .40 heavy, they blow big holes in things like deer. My friend has a gray color EAA that is sweet to handle and he has no gripes with it. The Gun Zone has good articles on the great Delta frame breaking rumor and why you should never shoot .40 in a 10mm barrel. I think they are a great substitute for a magnum revolver, but I'm keeping my model 19 :)

15. mseric

mseric New Member

Don't forget about the Dan Wesson Titan. 14 + 1 in 10MM.

http://cz-usa.com/products/view/dan-wesson-titan/

16. AR10

AR10 New Member

My 4 Glocks, Internal Lasers, half dozen conversion barrels, Serpa holsters for each, range bags, etc. would not be a down payment in a Dan Wesson 10mm.

$3829.00 USD [​IMG]

$529.00 [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  17. mseric

mseric New Member

Scary Ain't it!

18. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

How many shots do you really need?
    If you can't kill it with 8 or 9 +1 you should probably consider leaving. ;)
    http://cz-usa.com/products/view/dan-wesson-rz-10/

This reminds me, I should probably get around ordering the 10 mm Conversion Kit for my Witness Elite Match.

19. Crazycastor

Crazycastor New Member

Wait till your in a fire fight, then you will think twice about having 9 or ten rounds. More the better if your trying to protect yourself or your loved ones.

20. trip286

trip286 New Member

That's right! I know I get into extended firefights every other day on the mean streets of West Monroe Louisiana. This place is like ****ing Fallujah, or *shudder* Detroit!

Read that in green.