Why I live in Tennessee

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Sniper03, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

God Bless Tennessee and other states that still represent the Constitutional Rights of the people.
    This is an article I came across today. Has a lot of good information you might be interested in.

Tennessee is a shall-issue state, meaning authorities are required by law to issue carry permits to all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants in Tennessee must be at least 21 years of age and successfully complete a handgun safety course.

Persons who are barred from receiving handgun carry permits in Tennessee include anyone who has been convicted of a felony, illegal aliens, anyone who suffers from debilitating mental illness, anyone who has been convicted of crimes of domestic violence, anyone who has been convicted of DUI within five years, or two or more DUI penalties within 10 years, anyone who is addicted to drugs or who has undergone rehabilitation for drugs or alcohol abuse within the past 10 years, fugitives from justice and anyone who is under an order of protection.

Application for carry permits in Tennessee is made through the Department of Safety. Permits are issued within 90 days and are valid for four years at a cost of $115.

Tennessee’s carry permits are honored by the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia and Wyoming.

Tennessee honors permits from the states of Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wyoming.

Castle Doctrine

Tennessee has a self-defense law based on the castle doctrine. Enacted in 2007, the law does not require a duty to retreat. It extends the right for persons to defend themselves from attacks by using physical or deadly force in any place they have a legal right to be. The law provides civil immunity for persons using physical or deadly force to protect themselves from an attacker.

Pro-Gun Provisions

While open carry is prohibited for anyone who doesn't have a carry permit, having a permit enables persons to transport long guns — rifles or shotguns — in their vehicles. The firearms can be loaded, but cannot have a shell in the chamber.

Tennessee has a state firearms preemption law that prevents cities or counties from enacting gun laws that are more restrictive than state law. The state also has a range protection law that extends protection to gun firing ranges.

Restrictions

•Gun bans: None.
    •Waiting period for gun purchases: None.
    •Licenses or permits required to purchase guns: None.
    •Registration of guns required? No.

2. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

For the most part sounds just like florida!!! That's why I plan on leaving NY for The gunshine state by 2015!!!

3. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Go Tennessee!

Attached Files:

4. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Sounds almost exactly like Kentuckys laws. But our GFZs don't hold the weight of the law.

5. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

Per Tennessee law would mean nobody in congress could get a permit to carry!!

6. tomgodd

tomgodd Active Member

It's still a shame a law abiding citizen has to ask state permission to practice the second amendment. JMHO!

I had to ask my state to do this aswell. Atleast legally...

I am happy your state honors and respects its citizens much like my state.

7. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

Please add the great state of Kentucky to your list of liberty loving states.

8. triggerjob

triggerjob New Member

AZ too, no permit needed fr open or concealed carry, everything is legal. I think AZ is an "instacheck" state but I'm not positive on that one.

AZ has a CCW, but its mainly for reciprocity with other states.

9. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

I don't think any state can compete with Vermont!! They practically had guns out there!!

10. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

I wonder what the gun violence stats are in these states compared to states like California, Connecticut, and New York. Does anyone know?

11. triggerjob

triggerjob New Member

You can get crime statistics broke down on FBI.gov, the elephant in the room which you aren't allowed to talk about is
    50% of all murders in the US are blacks killing other blacks which is amazing to me considering they are only 13% of the population. So if it wasn't for that phenominom, the US would have one of the lowest murder rates in the world.

Th FBI crime data base is very interesting. The libs have been trying unsuccesfully for years to remove the 'race' component from the statistic.

Another fun statistic I dug up from the crime data is you are 10 times more likely to be accidently shot by a cop than to be wounded by a terrorist. :-\

12. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

triggerjob,

On the police issue as far as possible stats, you may be correct for now. But unfortunately just wait! Unless a miracle occurs! We have not seen anything yet on the terrorism issue! The war on terrorism is over? :rolleyes: "NOT" at all! I fear the future and pray everyday for our country. That is another reason we must fight to the end for our Second Amendment Rights! We are the deterrents to terrorism not the Government. As Yamamoto stated fearing the citizens more than the military. We can not invade the American homeland because there will be a weapon behind every blade of grass! And you are correct on the ethnic issue. Maybe if our government officials called things as they really are something would be done about it by also those in the group who would be informed. Political Correctness is going to be the downfall of our great Country! Lets call and Ace and Ace! And by the way, this is not a racial issue as the liberals want to make everything out to be these days. It is simply a a society issue and fact. If there is anyone here that has good friends in that ethnicity group I do! Including military, law enforcement and just good citizens. And those folks are great people and good friends. And as you stated the FBI statistics speak for themselves. To and including AR and other similar weapons are an insignificant part of the problem and the information is available on line.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  13. triggerjob

triggerjob New Member

I think it is sad.

14. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

Can you give me links to the black on blacks and the one about being shot by cops? I want to rub this in libtards faces