Why i carry a handgun

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Grayowl, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Grayowl

Grayowl New Member

WHY I CARRY A HANDGUN

 I don’t carry a handgun to kill people, but to keep from getting killed.
     I don’t carry a handgun to scare people, but because I know this world can be a scary place.
     I don’t carry a handgun because I’m paranoid, but because there are real threats in the world.
     I don’t carry a handgun because I’m evil, but because I’ve lived long enough to see evil in the world.
     I don’t carry a handgun because I want to be the meanest S.O.B. in the valley, but because I don’t want to be his next victim.
     I don’t carry a handgun because I’m antigovernment, but because I know the limitations of government.
     I don’t carry a handgun because I’m angry, but so I don’t have to spend the rest of my days hating myself for failing to be prepared.
     I don’t carry a handgun because I want to shoot someone,, but because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.
     I don’t carry a handgun to make me feel invincible, but because the Lord helps those who help themselves and it may help me to take care of myself and the ones I love.
     I don’t carry a handgun because I might hate what is in front of me, but because I love what is behind me.
     I don’t carry a handgun because I feel inadequate, but because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.
     I don’t carry a handgun because I love it, but because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.
     I don’t carry a handgun because I want to be a cop, but because I know that while they do their best to rid the streets of criminals, they can’t be everywhere all the time.
     I carry a handgun because I can’t carry a cop.

IT WOULD BE WONDERFUL IF THE WORLD WAS A PLACE WHERE NO ONE HAD TO CARRY A WEAPON, BUT SADLY, IT’S NOT!

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I carry a handgun because when I don't I'm naked!

3. Viking

Viking Active Member

I carry a handgun because I know that if the police were called there could be a lot of dead people before they got to my locality. The average time for the sheriff to get to our little town is about 2 hours if at all. I love my family, my friends/neighbors and even a lot of my enemies, I would stand in the gap because now that I have a ccw license I feel that I have been given that responsibility. I am not a cop, never have been and never will be but I am in my community most all of the time and realize that I might be called on to protect the lives of others.

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

True 'enuff.

5. ta1588

ta1588 New Member

good one, we got this on a paper at my ccw class

6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I carry because the only person I can absolutely rely on to protect my family - is me...

7. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I guess that means you routinely wear nothing but a handgun?:eek:

Congrats on number 6001, by the way. I guess I missed the celebration on the 6000, but I'll find it. You are a very valuable contributor and I've learned a lot from you.

8. themyst

themyst New Member

I recently saw the movie Law Abiding Citizen (Gerard Butler). I love movies like that as they reinforce my commitment to carry. I know it was only a movie, but if only the wife would have pulled out a pistol as the thugs burst in the front door and started beating her husband with a baseball bat ... :rolleyes:

9. shirt001

shirt001 New Member

I carry because, when seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.

10. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Or, where I live, When seconds count, the cops are only hours away (if they show up at all)

11. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

i carry a handgun because my bullets are useless without it.

12. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I carry a handgun because the damn thing can't walk or get around on it's own. It needs me to chauffeur it around, and in return, it allows me to use it when needed.

Jack

13. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

I carry a hangun for the same reason I buckle my seatbelt, sh!t happens when you least expect it!

14. utf59

utf59 New Member

I carry insurance. I carry a spare tire. And I carry a gun.

15. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

This one by utf59 is the BEST so far...

Here's mine:
    I carry, BECAUSE I CAN.

16. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 Active Member

Oh NO

THAT would be an UGLY sight!!!!!!!!!!:p:eek::confused:

17. northhike

northhike New Member

I carry so that I have a better chance of not being "carried."

18. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

I would rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.

Even if you call a LEO he may or may not arrive in time to do any good. Living in the big city his call may be an ambush. Look at what happened to the officers in WA. You never know when you will need to protect your family and friends.

19. Dannys_salvage

Dannys_salvage New Member

I carry a handgun because my AR is a little to big to conceal :D

20. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

I like my AR but I LOVE my FAL and Cetme/H&K 91. Just something about the 7.62 over the 5.56. If I could carry it conceled I would.

I wish I had the money for a Springfield M1A yet I am not sure if I would give up my Fal or my Cetme/HK.