Why I am here.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Rampco88, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Rampco88

Rampco88 New Member

As a new member of this board I would like to indroduce myself and say hi to all here. I work in LE and even though I don't claim to be a know it all I do know a little. Myself along with a another co-worker started a department wide transition from the Beretta 92F to the Glock 17/19 seven years ago. It was not by chance or "the cheapest deal" that my department now carries Glocks loaded with 127gr Winchester Ranger rounds. Much thought/reasearch went into that process, not to mention new policies to boot. Also, we held back on the .40 craze, instead focusing more on training with the 9mm.

Honestly, I was a big 1911 guy for many years and it took me a long time to come around and understand the whole Glock concept. Heck, I quickly sold the first Glock 19 I bought back in 1992! But now the Glock, for me at least, is the ultimate combat weapon. Like my siganature; A gun is simply a tool to keep us alive. And the Glock fits that bill perfectly. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Biohazard2

Biohazard2 Active Member

Welcome, enjoy your stay here.
    Excellent weapon.

3. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Welcome aboard.

4. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

From one LEO to another, welcome to the forum. You will enjoy it here,

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Welcome to the FTF community and thank you for taking out the trash. ;)

There's a New Member Introduction forum and if you'll introduce yourself there, you'll meet more of the good folks.

6. Rampco88

Rampco88 New Member

Ok thanks. Will do.

7. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

What's wrong with the grip on your G19?:eek:

8. Rampco88

Rampco88 New Member

Nothing. It had a grip reduction from Robar. Still has a 15 rd capacity. Just smaller for easier concealment. It's a second gen so no finger grooves.

9. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

If a gun is simply a tool then you have made a great choice. I personally don't subscribe to that mantra but understand the logic.

10. indyfan

indyfan New Member

Welcome to the FTF

Nice grip reduction, I was thinking about having the grip on my 19 reduced or stippled

11. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Welcome, Rampco88!

That grip reduction sure does make that G19 look different.

12. indyfan

indyfan New Member

Also, your quote is great.

A Glock is a tool. It's not fancy, not shiny, you don't engrave it or display it.

You don't see hard working mechanics using golden screwdrivers or wrenches.

13. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

View attachment 21412

"Willkommen. Bienvenue. Welcome. C'mon in." Lili Von Shtupp; Blazing Saddles, 1974

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  14. Rampco88

Rampco88 New Member

Thanks

A friend of mine got his 19 stippled w/ out the reduction and it is a big improvement. I love mine but mainly as a carry gun. I'm in the market for another 19 that I will keep bone stock. Just not sure if I should get the Gen 4 or the RTF 2? I want to keep up with the technology. But then again there is nothing wrong with a regular Gen 3 too! I will have to go shopping soon..

Here's another view of it.

Attached Files:

15. indyfan

indyfan New Member

How much did that cost you for the Grip Reduction?

16. Rampco88

Rampco88 New Member

Robar grip reduction

Actually, my friend had it done several years ago. I bought it from him that way. I'm sure the prices have risen since. Best to go on the Robar website. I think they offer three variations of the reduction. Mine is pretty extreme. Hides very well IWB.

17. Rampco88

Rampco88 New Member

I understand too. Trust me I'm still a gun nut but, have become a bit more practical in my age. Sometimes I laugh at myself. This is coming from a guy who back in the day bought a brand new Springfield Armory Gov't model for $400. Then w/o shooting it, walked nextdoor to the gunsmith and dumped $1,200 into it! Bar-Sto barrel, Wolf springs, Wilson safety, McCormick trigger, etc.. I also went through a phase where if it wasn't a Sig, Walther or an HK with all the bells and whistles I wasn't having it. The Glock makes me focus on the real reasons why I carry a gun everyday.