Why Good People Should Be Armed

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by priell3, Feb 2, 2014.

1. priell3

priell3 New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20RoAfflGCM[/ame]

2. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

That was very nice, she's a smart cookie! Wish she was my daughter! Sad that someone of her youth understands but so many matured citizens are clueless.

3. priell3

priell3 New Member

Another good video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymFuWrrd_fY[/ame]

4. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

http://cdn.firearmstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

The two faces of NY are strong in this young woman. She's obviously not from NYcity (accent), likely from one of about 5 or 6 other semi citizen gun free zones in upstate like Ithaca, Saratoga or Albany. All of those little zones are surrounded by hunters and guns but most of the inhabitants spend more time in the few cities like NYC than 30 miles outside of their island paradises.

That illuminates the actual roots of most gun control have, cultural meccas, small areas with larger populations. She was used to seeing Police with guns but not citizens carrying, I experienced just the opposite in my youth in the same state. We had and have very few police, almost never saw them out of their cars but I saw lots of citizens with guns!

Another young woman I would be proud to call my daughter, (my guess is her parents may be a bit concerned now, quickly, call an exorcist!!!!).

5. vincent

vincent New Member

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

what stops a bad guy with a gun? a good guy with a gun!

7. WNGMSTR

WNGMSTR Troll Scout

I've followed her for a while, she is a great voice for the 2A.

8. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

A breath of fresh air and very well done.

9. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

Thats true...If you look much past her website though, You will find she is a pet project of Larken Rose. And is a really radical anti govt activist (female version of Alex Jones) with lots of conspiracy theories. Plus she is heavily involved in the pro-pot movement. Attends the hippie smoke-ins, etc. Not passing judgement...just wanted to point out that there is a lot more to her than just that very good pro 2A video.

10. WNGMSTR

WNGMSTR Troll Scout

Freedom all the way around, that's great. It's easy to say it, harder to live it.

11. therewolf

therewolf New Member

What stops a bad guy with a gun?

The Bible says "The wicked flee, when none pursueth."

FEAR of a good guy with a gun, shooting the bad guy

in his junk, stops the bad guys.

Most times, folks tell you that you should aim higher in life.

I say sometimes you should aim a little lower.

12. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

I am not sure how useful this type of video is, It won't convince anti - gun people it will get praise from the pro- gun , A lot of it makes sense but that doesn't always convince people whose minds are closed. Sort of preaching to the converted on a firearms forum.

13. Axxe55

even if it only opens the mind of one person it was worth it. if talk to over a thousand people about keeping our gun rights andi only convince one person to change their mind and views on guns and our gun rights, then it was worth it.

that is the huge difference between us. you have fatalist mentality, us Americans don't. we know we are going against strong opposition to our ideas and opinions ans we still keep slugging it out. we don't give up or give in, just because we face opposition. pretty much why we won the American Revoluton and the War of 1812.

14. manta

On no not the American revolution again. :rolleyes: The only reason you won is the British had bigger fish to fry. :)

15. Axxe55

yeah any excuse to deflect the fact that the British lost not once, but twice to a bunch of colonists. if the British had such bigger fish to fry as you put it, then why did they bother in the first place in the American Revolution? then why come back in 1812 and try again?:rolleyes:

and i could bring up how the Americans had to help the English out in WWII.

please don't let facts cloud issue Manta.

16. manta

The reason I said not the American Revoluton and the War of 1812 again , is because i really couldn't give a S*** who won it. Do you think that I get up in the morning and think oh no we lost the skirmish in America in 1812, sorry but I don't. Ancient history as far as I am concerned. :) As for convincing anti -gun people that firearms are great good luck its worth a try. In my experience there are different views people that don't really care about firearms one way or another, pro-gun and anti-gun. My wife for example hates firearms and doesn't like them in the house, she caint give me a reason why just she doesn't like firearms. No amount of trying to convince her that they are fine makes any difference so I have given up. But if I hear an anti-gun view I do challenge them , that's all I can do and let them make their own minds up.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  17. Axxe55

well good for you Manta! but some of us Americans do care that we won and it was part of the basis which the United States was founded on. to you it may be just some skirmish in the past to be read about, but some of us it what our core beliefs and values are based upon. we still have good Americans that take an oath and serve our country that believe in those core values and principals. to you it may be just old history book reading material, but some of us, it still holds great value even well over 200 years later.

some of us here think there are still worthy causes to fight for and won't go down without trying to suceed.

18. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

Regardless of our political stripe - libertarian or statist - we'd all do a LOT better if we stopped checking for warts before we listened to what somebody has to say.

She said a lot that is worth listening to...carefully.

When I want a moral compass, I go to church. No offence.

19. Axxe55

well said Rocky.

in some ways, a person could describe me as Pro-Pot as well. simply based on my viewpoints and opinions of it. i don't personally partake in using it, but i see where it should be legalized and decriminalized as well. taxed ad regulated like alcohol and tobacco. too much money is spent on trying to fight the drug trade, too much money is spent arresting and prosecuting people and too much money spent on warehousing those who have been caught and prosecuted for personal consumption of pot. i see it as a huge waste of time and money that could be spent more effectively elsewhere.

even if i lived in a state that made pot legal, i would still not use it. making it legal, IMO would not make a huge run of people using it anymore than those who do now. IMO, for the most part, people who didn't use it when it was illegal, are probably not going to use it simply because it's made legal.

20. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

Guess youdidnt get the "not passing judgement" part. All i am saying is that if you scratch the surface..its easy for the anti- gunners to write her off as a looney-toon....:D