Why Folks Should Carry at Church

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Gatoragn, Jul 12, 2020.

1. armoredman

armoredman Well-Known Member

I haven't been to a church in decades. Not that I am atheist, not hardly by a long shot, just turned off by several of the churches I have attended over the years. One elected a president of the congregation that stood up and said the Bible was a pack of fables written by a bunch of old men. Some are scam artists. And the vast majority are decent God fearing people, I know - I just have bad luck.
    IF for some reason I return to an organized church, I would carry concealed unless that church put up official notice that no firearms were allowed, whereupon I will find another place of worship. The Good Lord never banned weapons from service - the Church Of England did to reduce temptation to the congregants from stealing the altar plate and such. "God said if you bear steel in this House you will go to Hell". Apparently that didn't bother the Viking raiders much...

big shrek, Sniper03 and bluez like this.
  2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

I have been fortunate to have only encountered sincere ministers. I know there are crooks in all walks of life, I just must have been blessed.

AgedWarrior likes this.

3. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Honestly very curious. What passage contains " God said if you bear steel in his house you will go to hell". I'd like to look it up.

4. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

No passage.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  5. Gatoragn

a'man did not attribute the statement to the Bible. He said it was a ruling by the Church of England.

I can, and have seen, Nancy P using the Bible to justify stupid political decisions.

The incestuous relationship between the Monarchy and The Church of England is why the Founding Father's wrote the COTUS to keep the Government out of the church.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    Ghost1958 and ellis36 like this.
  6. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

The Monarchy and The Church of England, have no power over the government in the UK. As for armed in church, i can see why that would be needed in America.

7. Gatoragn

Duh!

Yes, the modern Monarchy has been neutered.

What centuries did the FF's live in and form their values from?

Ghost1958 likes this.
  8. AgedWarrior

AgedWarrior Well-Known Member

Nancy uses the Bible as a reference for quotes to support her logic, or lack thereof. She has never shown any public demonstration of contextual knowledge of Scripture that I can recall; seems to just use it for her gain.

9. manta

If you think the church has no influence or power over politics and politicians in America, you are kidding yourself.

10. Gatoragn

You are reading it backwards, the FF's plan was to keep government out of the church. The FF's never said religious people could not participate in government.

Sniper03 and Ghost1958 like this.
  11. Ghost1958

Misread his post.
    I thought maybe I'd missed that in my studies of the Bible.

12. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

Fact is, in every nation in the world, all that's stopping violent predators from doing their "thing" at a given venue is: desire to attempt it.

Such violent folk exist everywhere. Arms are acquirable by violent felons everywhere. The only things missing are the predators' willingness to try, and the relative risks of success or failure.

In that sense, the local gas station isn't much different than a school, and the local restaurant isn't much different than a church. Or any other place a person can think of. It's just a spot, with a given imagined reward (based on the agenda of the perp(s)), with a given measure of risk, with a given likelihood of the targeted victims fighting back and exterminating the "wolves in their midst."

My own choice: they're going to have to erase me in order to victimize me, if I'm still breathing. Insofar as that gets in their way, I'm good with that. If only everyone would take such steps to be a "harder" target, it might help most of such would-be predators to slink back in their holes to find some other, softer target to assail.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  13. Gatoragn

Reckon it would behoove a Christian anywhere on the African continent to attend church armed?

14. manta

You could need a gun anywhere, i said America churches as they seem to be a target for some. Maybe its just because there are a lot of people in one area, i can only remember one occasion here a church was attacked by Republican terrorists.

15. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Every Church should have an armed security unit in the congregation.
    In September of 1999 it came close to home! Our Cousin Shirley arrived at the Wedgewood Baptist Church in Ft. Worth TX. that evening. Thank God she was running about 20+ minutes late for what ever reason? But when she pulled into the Church Lot there were lights flashing police and vehicles, Fire Department vehicles, Ambulances and First Responders everywhere! And a lot of people gathered in and area of the parking lot talking and obviously excited.
    Right when the service was getting ready to start a guy by the name of Larry Ashbrook had came into the Church with a Ruger 9mm and a 380 as a backup. And started shooting people in the sanctuary and in their pews. The lady that always set next to our Cousin was shot a killed. We hated what happened but were also so thankful Shirley had been late! Ashbrook later shot himself after the shooting spree. And three of four empty Magazines were found in the Church.
    So YES people at least some should carry in the Church. And they should have a designated security force out of the membership. They each should be assigned, trained and have a pre-plan should the worst happen.;)

G66enigma, primer1 and Ghost1958 like this.
  16. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

It is like I talking to a good friend of mine yesterday. He is a retired Delaware State Police Supervisor and then worked with him in the gun industry later on and He still lives in Delaware. We were talking about all the violence going on today. He brought up the riots and the safety in the Schools and Churches. We talked about how pleased I was with our New School Resource Officers Program at the Sheriff's Department here in Tennessee. And the fact the Officers assigned are very skilled police officers and many having a past military background. They applied for the position, were interviewed along with other character traits reviewed and were selected accordingly. They are very proficient with weapons and also very professional and polite. Unlike in the past, where school resource officers were sometimes sent to the schools because of being unable to perform successfully on the street. Like the Officer that stood outside when the kids were being shot up inside! They are well trained and good officers. We have 25 of them assigned to the County Schools at the present.
    They also are carrying a Glock 45 and Rock River Arms 7" AR-15 Rifles and a Vortex Red Dot Sight in a Discreet Black Back Pack when patrolling the halls and school grounds. And the Sheriff and Administrative Office advised them if anyone is caught with the Back Packs off when patrolling they will be reassigned to other duties elsewhere.
    I had to laugh in the meeting! As I mentioned does anyone here know how to spell Third Shift! Which they all chuckled and stated no thanks we have already done our time on the late night shift!
    My friend advised you have got to be kidding! Because here in Delaware the School Security Officers are unarmed. And most of them are fairly old retired officers or military! Many couldn't run if their life depended on it!
    He quoted: "And it is NUTS"! And what is worse! Over the Entry Doors of the Schools there are very noticeable signs "This School is a Gun Free Zone!
    I advise like you said to me! You Got To Be Kidding! He advised I wish I was!
    He advised, sounds like you guys are ahead of the curve! I simply advised we have a great Sheriff who has advised our kids and their safety is going to be our top priority!
    And the community has given great appreciation for the new program!
    *And surprisingly the Sheriff's HQ Office is even in a College City!
    So God Bless the Churches and their Security Staff for making their congregation's safety their priority!:)

big shrek and G66enigma like this.
  17. Maineiak

Maineiak Active Member

I think you all need to worry more about your kids or grand kids getting killed at school. I think that happens much more often.

18. Ghost1958

Dont recall anyone asking you. And as usual you would be wrong.

Gatoragn likes this.
  19. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

One can do both.

And should.

'Cause venue often really doesn't matter, in terms of ease of entry and ability to inflict violence upon folks there.

If anything, a "nice, juicy" venue with difficulty of escape, corralled group, and high numbers of people ends up being a target too good to pass up for some folks. Schools, churches and busy malls seem to be the choice targets for such felons.

About the only thing certain is: on the instant of needing it, it's too late to worry about being unarmed and incapable of survival. Wherever one might be thinking of it.

Ghost1958 and Sniper03 like this.
  20. Maineiak

Maineiak Active Member

Just saying...
    According to the FBI, there have been 42 "active shooter" incidents at Pre-K through 12 school grounds from 2000-2018, which the bureau defines as "an individual actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a populated area." These include the high-profile incidents like Parkland and Sandy Hook.
    But someone like you probably thinks Sandy Hook never happened.