Why else Wheeler

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Wheeler, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Wheeler

Wheeler New Member

There are times when I wish to carry a revolver. Times when I definitely want that weapon to go boom, yet when the likelyhood of actually needing to use it are less than day to day expectations. i.e., the boogers are really bad, can be close enough to smell their breath, but there aren't too many of them. (Does that make any sense to most of you?? Can you relate?)

That's when I carry my LCR as a readily available back up. Any shrouded hammer back up is fine, preferably in .357. My reasoning is that I've had to use one in this scenario and the semi-auto couldn't be fired. The revolver did the job, didn't snag when drawn and the hammer didn't catch on anything. Oh yeah, the guys tagged me 'Wheeler' because of this wheel gun episode AND my '84 Grand Wagoneer.

For those days when I just want to carry a revolver but want a bit more heft, I carry my Rossi M68. Sweet little gun.

2. Stealie

Stealie New Member

I love my 1911's but like you somedays I just wanna carry a revolver. I love my Ruger SP101 snubbie for those days.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I have a S&W model 37 that's just perfect in a pocket. Sometimes a small, light wheel gun is an excellent option to have. :cool:

4. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

S&W 442 nickel for me. And, yes, I know what you mean.

Just keep the lint out of the stop notches in the cylinder, the hand, the ejector star, the ejector rod, etc. When I carry a revolver, I clean it every day.

5. Bob Wright

Bob Wright Member

I can't remember a day when I didn't want to carry a revolver.

Bob Wright

6. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

Although I still prefer to carry my Para P-14 stoked with Black Talons, there are times that a revolver will serve me better. Thats when I resort to my custom 2 1/2" barrel 66. It has always served me well.
    Jim...............

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I like to carry a revolver from time to time.

[​IMG]

GRRRRRRRRRRRR...............

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Only sissies carry a 357 mag. I with goju If ya gonna carry a revolver then get something worth carryin. 460 or 500 smith will work good for either 2 or 4 legged critters.

9. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

masterPsmith posted:
    Where do you purchase your Black Talons?

10. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

I still have 8 boxes stored that I purchased years ago. This was about the time that the American Medical Association was complaining to the Feds about the nasty wound channels they had a hard time trying to fix. I'm sorry, I thought the idea was to stop the bad guy before he stopped you. (I still think that way today)

Jim.................................

11. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Do you think you'll have more legal problem than you bargain for if you kill the BG with black talons?

Sure wouldn't look good if you went toc ourt over it.

12. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Just tell them their winchester SXT's you spray painted black. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

13. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

:D rofl................

14. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

The SXT is just slightly re-designed so the jackets don't flower out like a buzz saw. The Talons were never banned, just discontinued and are still legal.
    Like I said, the idea is a quick stop on the BG.
    Jim...