Why dont we start a Pro 2A petition from FTF?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by WebleyFosbery38, Oct 13, 2012.

1. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

OK, lots of groups run around and collect signatures for petitions on subjects they have a passion for, why not FTF? Its a pretty good bet most of us could agree that our 2a rights must be protected and defended instead of manipulated and molested.

Weve got some great voices here and some healthy numbers behind them. Weve all signed off on at least one or two of the internet petitions from folks we have no clue about (I did, now I get all kinds of trash mail from Dick Morass).

Why doesnt someone write up a blurb in support of our 2A and see if we can amass enough signatures to get some attention. Something we could forward to our reps and Political party wonks and tell them how we feel "Nation Wide Style". It might just help grow our membership also!

2. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

I'm all for it, not sure how to write proper format for a petition though.

3. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I'd rather support the 2A culture by getting people in my circle into shooting. Shooters buy guns and then begin to see the light about protecting our rights.

4. RJMercer

RJMercer New Member

I read somewhere that online petitions don't have the force of law that petitions signed and dated in person do. If we could circulate a paper petition we might get something done.

5. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

What would you have the petition say that the Constitution does not already say?

Hey... Hey, whatdoya say
    lets win
    for Con 2A

Goooooooooooo team!

No petition can carry more weight than the original document. It would be a waste of elctrons.

6. bkt

bkt New Member

Funny, it seems to me politicians promising loot to prospective voters in direct violation of the constitution works wonders. Maybe expending a little energy educating others might be in order.

But before I sign anything, let's nail down a few things.

1. What's the purpose of the petition?

2. Who are you petitioning?

3. What is the message?

4. What, if anything, are we pledging in our unity?

7. beastmode986

beastmode986 New Member

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Instead of "signing up" and continually throwing cold water on everything with that vast expanse of brain matter you possess, perhaps you could just run point on an excellent idea from one of the Supporting Members?

You're clearly one of the most qualified legal and technical writers here, and you're definitely anti establishment (in the form of the government) I would think that you revel in knowing that your words collected thousands of signatures.

He clearly wants to get a petition of FTF members that says we support 2A and we vote. Something we can send to a representative in every state, from a voting populace, that clearly states the following:

"We aren't alone. We aren't few. We are many and if you want to f*ck with 2A, we will make sure your lucrative career choice is as short as your dick."

I think the idea has merit worth more than just simply dismissing it with the wave of a hand.

JD

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

just for the record petitions dont mean much of anything. they kinda came about because of the misunderstanding of the right to petition the government.

it doesnt mean a bunch of uninterested people sign a piece of paper. it means you can go to your senator congressman etc and argue for things you think need done. what petition the government means is what we call lobbying today.

10. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

sounds like an awesome idea.:D

11. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

maybe, maybe not ... but when a Politician get a petition from 40k+ people regarding a specific issue ... they WOULD pay attention :cool:

I think it's a good idea, one FTF should consider :)

We are many ... maybe we can be more :cool:

12. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

We have about 4 or 5 big thought wholesalers like AARP trying to co-opt the how America will vote theme. They have lost much of their influence over the years sitting at the negotiating table too long with Repubi-Crat Bi-Parts and selling our votes for a discount rate without keeping their eye on the ball.

One Member PMed me a version they wrote that was pretty solid. I will leave it to him to post but the idea was good.

It should be short and sweet (Just like 2A and the other A's). It should re-establish the original simple phrasing as the only basis for law and throw out all of the State and Federal sublaws that have been added over the years FOOG. Finally, it should clearly state that any compromise on these simple principles will be treated as an attack on the Citizens of the USA and our money and votes will go to nobody with a thought of doing so.

Ignorance of the law is truly the best and most reasonable excuse nowadays for failure to comply. How can John and Jane Q really follow a law they cant even translate without a $400 per hour attorney?

Repubi-Crats enter office swearing allegiance to the founding principles then when they get in they start immediately bastardizing, redefining and characterizing actions and activities into sub topics. Honestly, none of the new laws fix any issues were living today that the old laws didnt do without them.

Assault, Robbery, Rape, Murder and Battery have always been against the law in this nation. Truly, violating anyone elses BOR freedoms and Rights and failing to live up to your responsibilities as a Citizen are punishable, other laws that dont directly come from a 10th grade reading level are just a waste of paper and a direct infringement on our BOR.

There was a reason the Founders penned the Phrase, "A More Perfect Union" instead of "A Perfect Union", they knew demanding perfect from humans was an impossible and destructive notion that would Do more damage than good. Bad people will always do bad things even if you have good law, no law should limit the rights of the many to attempt to thwart the misguided lack of principles by the few that will never follow the laws of Man anyways!

13. bkt

bkt New Member

Challenge accepted. I sent you a PM.

14. Axxe55

i agree that sending a petition to elected officials as to our numbers is good to let them know that we are many, we do vote and we care about our constitutional rights and freedoms. sending petitions with thousands of names attached is a way of letting them know we care and we are concerned enough to sign petitions to raise awareness about these issues.

15. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

So I gave writing one a try. (Same one I sent you Webley)

This petition is to serve purpose as such listed below. Anyone who is to sign this, is petitioning their local congressman/woman(s) or other elected officials to uphold these principles in voting.
    1. No forms of firearm control/anti 2nd Amendment legislation are to occur under any circumstance, excluding that of which a person has been convicted of violent criminal acts/felonies.
    2.No registration, licensing or extensive background research will be required when purchasing a firearm, or multiple firearms. Background checks/and researches are limited to the checking of an online database of convicted felons.
    3. All types of firearms shall be lawful to purchase and possess, with the provisions of item number two on this petition. This includes all types of fully automatic weapons.
    4. A firearm is defined as following; A weapon capable of firing a projectile and using an explosive charge as a propellant.
    5. There shall be no waiting periods for any type of firearm purchases, and/or any type of limit as to the quantity of firearms or ammunition one can purchase in a certain amount of time
    6. There shall be no limit to the amount of firearms/ammunition one can possess at any given time.

What do you think?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  16. Garadex

Garadex New Member

I think it looks good but for convicted felons it should be drug and violent felonies.

17. Axxe55

personally i think it should be those convicted of any violent crime and those who have been convicted of a non-violent crime can have their gun rights restored say five years after finishing their sentence or probation.

18. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

I knew when I wrote the felony part would be controversial. I don't think felons should be allowed to have guns. But then again, when do criminals follow laws? If they needed one they can just buy it illegally. Let's see where this one goes, I'll edit the sections that the general populace on here disagrees with, and make a final draft.

19. Axxe55

BlueGuns i agree with you on the felons not abiding by the law in the first place and any new laws are not going to be observed by them either. the anti gunners have been at that one for years and we know how that works!

lets say someone were convicted of felony tax evasion? now they are a convicted felon and under current law are prohibited from possessing a firearm. should they be allowed or not allowed to own a firearm, say after five years of completing their sentence or probation?

20. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

Yes, they should be. Ill edit that in my final draft. Isn't there a gov"t database that has all the convicted felons listed and their crime. If so, then I could change item #2 to say all persons convicted of a sexual assault type felony, violent type felony, and possession/distribution of illegal contraband type felony. If there is not such a database (or only one that just lists felons and not their crimes) then wont that cost a lot of money?