Why Does This Always Happen?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by gorknoids, Sep 5, 2008.

1. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

About a year and 1/2 ago, I lost/misplaced an empty handgun bag with an empty magazine in it. Emptied out all of the closets, checked all the dressers, the garage, under the bed....everywhere, and it was not to be found. Monday I ordered 2 more magazines at a total of $57.00, due here tomorrow. I walked into the house a few minutes ago after a doctor's appointment, and what do you think was lying on the kitchen table?
    As I was filling out the order form, I said to myself "Watch. As soon as you order these, you'll find the bag with the spare in it".
    Flashlights, hunting knives, fillet knives, tools.....if you want them back, just go buy a new one.

2. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Look at the bright side...at least you didn't have to order a new gun...

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Look at it like this now you have three mags not just one.

4. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

God we're such an upbeat crowd! The magazine is half full, not half empty.

5. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Actually, it's 4 mags. Oh well, it will cut down on range time spent reloading!

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

4 mags sounds like a great place to start to me. 8 would be better, but 4 will get you out of trouble should the need arise. :D

JD

7. BigO01

BigO01 New Member

You were working that poor little magazine to death so it hid on you you Cheap skate till you "hired" a couple more workers to share the load with him . :D

8. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

You must be married !

If anything ever happed to my wife,I`d be naked,broke,no keys.no walet,basiclly,no identity.She has her own special places where everthing belongs,even if she dos`nt know what it is,what it`s for,or how important it is. GOOD LUCK !:eek:

9. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

I was working the one I could find to death! It's an AMT .380 Backup single-action, and while a lot of them were produced, they quit making them quite a while ago and parts are hard to find. Dropped off my CCW application today, and out of all the small arms quals I had in the Navy, the only documentation I have is for the M2, but they accepted it. Like I'm going to conceal a .50 cal machine gun under a jacket........

10. Boris

Boris New Member

Happens to all of us mate...I wouldn't worry too much the time for that if you forget to put your pants on in the morning.........:)

11. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Well, you can't ever have too many mags, or ammo to fill them. Occasionally I misplace one of my 1911 mags but I usually find it within a couple of days. The last time I misplaced it, I found it under the seat in my truck. It had fell on the floor and settled in next to the mounting bolts for the passender seat.

I have 4 mags for my 1911 and 6 for my AR (2 20's and 4 30's).

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  12. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 New Member

Yep, happens al the time. I lost my M1991A1's recoil spring plunger once when stripping for cleaning - I saw it hit the wall right behind the TV! I could NOT find it after a lengthy search!
    So I order a new one - got it in a couple weeks later. Just for giggles I take one more look behind the TV - the danged thing is sitting right there! Sheesh....!

13. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

This might not be a bad time to stock-up on mags. If BHO wins the election, you can bet another assault weapon ban will soon follow.