why do you carry what you do for ccw

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by JMAtactical, Jul 9, 2012.

1. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

I want to know what you carry for self defense and why. I carry a Glock 17 with plus two mag extensions because i am a sucker for mag cap

2. vincent

vincent New Member

I carry a pointy wooden stick and a bad attitude...:rolleyes:

The pointy wooden stick is all I can afford, the attitude just comes naturally...;)

I can take out wolves, bears and dinosaurs...;)

In all seriousness, I carry for capacity too...too much is never enough...:cool:

3. barneygoogle

barneygoogle New Member

My wife, Daughter and I, all carry kel-tech 380's. They are small and weight hardly anything and I shoot them and make sure they are working right then clean them. We've never had any problems with them. At 20 ft. I can put one through your mid section.

4. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Very nice lol i need a stick to. I lobe capacity you will always hear me talk about it

5. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I carry a Glock 19, capacity is the biggest reason i bought it, that and I didn't own a 9mm.

Attached Files:

6. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Its a great gun with a good mag size of 15 and a nice compact shooter. All day i agree and love it sir

7. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I carry a SIG P226 in 9MM because IMHO, it's the best service handgun made in the best service caliber available.:)

8. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Sig and Glock are honestly my favs

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

I carry an xdm compact 45acp. 13+1 and it makes big holes im very accurate and fast with it. Since in wisconsin we got concealed and open carry printing the gun isnt an issue. If printing is an issue ive got a colt new agent i carry on occasion. Very thin very light with 7+1 capacity of 45acp

10. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

CZ P-07 9MM or a XD-9. Both have high capacity and excellent accuracy. I tend to pick the CZ more than the XD though.

11. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

The 45 is the all american gun no matter what the platform. I am going to maybr look into buying one. I will go for a glock or a rock river arms 1911 but i need to find a local friend with one amd shoot it as much as i can buddy

12. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

I carry a 1911 or a single action ruger revolver usually in 45 colt. The average self defense gun fight takes place at distances between 7 and 10 feet. The average total rounds exchanged is 4. I'm not saying I'm against your right to carry what you want but most people use those plastic guns to save weight then load them down with all that ammo. :confused: If you can't get the job done with 6 or 7 rounds at 7 to 10 feet you need more practice. ;)

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

The reason i carry the xdm isnt because of what its made of its because its the fastest gun for accurate followups has a lot of ammo before reloads i dont have to carry a spare mag it is super reliable has a grip safety and is chambered in 45acp. If the xdm compact in 45acp didnt exist i would be carrying a colt 1911 of some type.

14. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

My EDC iS a XD40sub compact with a LCP BUG in lieu of a spare mag. Why, I live in SE Florida

15. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i carry different ones, depending on my dress or mood! sometimes a compact 1911 in 45 or even a FS 1911 in 45. sometimes a XDm40, sometimes a 44 Mag revolver. sometimes a high capacity 9mm, but no so much anymore. i like big holes with massive blood loss! :D

16. ellwood45c

ellwood45c New Member

For me its 1911 its what ive been carrying since i got my first liences. But i also have a charter arms bulldog in 44 mag that i carry somtimes just depends on how im dressed and where im going.
    Carrying is as varied as the people on the forum, its all about whats right for u and if u feel comfortable with it. Ive been working with a friend of mine, shegot her liences and wants to start carrying her sig in 40. We r on day 3 today of a 14 day pratice. Im putting her thru drills everyday to help gain muscel memory and get her relaxed with what shes doing. Next thing is her my wife and myself r going to take a basic self defense course, im taking it again because i can . Its always good to stay in pratice no matter what you carry.

17. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

It depends. My carry pieces vary on what I have planned.

I don't have enough room in the Speedo's for a full sized 1911.

18. hogdoc357

hogdoc357 New Member

I carry a Ruger LCR in .357 mag. I like its light weight, love its trigger press, and I feel plenty prepared with the 5 rounds in it. I carry either Buffalo Bore 150 gr .38 spl Hard Cast Wadcutters or Carbon DPX .38 +P in my LCR. I also carry a speedloader. I practice enough that I feel very confident in my ability to hit what I aim at within self defense distances. ;)

19. hogdoc357

hogdoc357 New Member

Try a Smart Carry in that Speedo! :D

20. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Are you saying that your speedo is full already? :D