Why do u carry?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by FaTmAn, May 2, 2011.

1. FaTmAn

FaTmAn New Member

45.acp 40.s&w 9mm or what ever u perfer to carry or how you perfer to carry most of us on here carry something. We all have our different reasons for carrying. There is a few reasons i carry on a daily baises one is for self defense another reason is because its part of my job and the final reason is because it is a God given right to me by my fore fathers who fought and created this country. I carry because i refuse to be a sheep being lead to the slaughter.

So if you would take some time out to discuss why you carry and what it means to you to be able to carry maybe somebody comming on here who is thinking about getting a CPL will read this thread and it might help them with why so many people carry..

“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military.”
    William S. Burroughs quotes

2. P90

P90 New Member

I carry because I can't afford to hire Bodyguards. I am responsible for my Family, and my personal protection. Carrying is the only way I know to insure that protection.

3. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Cops are too heavy.

4. Davo45

Davo45 New Member

+1 with 1 Additional Thought.

+1 Ditto To this I can only add that merely carrying a weapon without having the will to use it, as well as the skill to wield it will do you no good at all against a determined, hardened violent criminal.

There have been, are now and always will be human predators who'll prey on those who are weaker then them. Like most predators they tend to operate in packs (or gangs if you will). It was once said that, "God created all men, but Sam Colt made them equal." In many ways that is a true statement, provided that both men possess the same weapons and level of skill using them.

Fortunately, a great many street thugs aren't hardened yet and will often run away once they find out that the individual they believed would be an easy victim is armed. One can ill afford to assume a would be robber, rapists, etc. will tuck tail and run away at the sight of a gun produced from concealment.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Because if there is more than two of you, I am too damned old to kick your ass, take your weapon away from you, empty YOUR pockets, and pee on you to mark my territory. :cool:

What I carry depends on what I am wearing, where I am going, etc. Either a .38 Special, .357, or a .45 auto.

6. Hollander

Hollander New Member

The local PD is 7 min reponse time, I am too old to run, never was a fighter, I have a duty to protect myself and my wife, old folks are premium targets, and because of all of this do not mess with an old fart because he will just have to kill you.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

im not a sheeple

8. opaww

opaww New Member

I have carried most of the time for the last 41+ years, it is my responcibility to protect myself and my family.

9. Bighead

Bighead New Member

Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

10. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Because life is just too precious to lose it over some twit not wanting to be identified after stealing my last $20!!

11. yellowhand

yellowhand New Member

Carry choices

I carry a .38 snub in a ankle holster when I can't carry a .45 1911 strong side in the open or it's too hot for the shoulder rig (Browning HP) and coat, which it gets here most of the year.
    Fanny pack, with a Taurus 450 in .45 Colt, along with a Gerber Mark 2 for quick trips to town.:D while wearing shorts and a tee shirt.
    A new Glock 19 is finding its way onto my person as well from time to time, looks funny, but it is one fine reliable weapon system.

12. armoredman

armoredman Member

Why do I carry a firearm every waking hour I am able?

I've worked behind the wire for going on 10 years. I have stared into the face of Evil, and Evil gets out on parole next Tuesday.

13. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

I carry a taurus model 66 in 357 mag and a glock factory knife, so that way I have an option of a stealth kill, cutting seat belts, ropes, or just opening tin cans. When your my age and been through certain things you tend to realize the usefulness of a good old fashion blade... lets see them try to take knives away.

The reason I got my CCL is simple I carried a gun for years and after I came back I felt a little "necked" without one. So I got one and started carrying one, simple as that.

14. General_lee

General_lee New Member

I can't put a cop in my holster.

15. JonM

JonM Moderator

you can but if its a madison wi one they get cranky if they dont get their union breaks :D

16. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

I carry because I refuse to become the victim of some low life that thinks it would be a better idea to kill me and my family and take our money than to get a job and earn his own.

I carry because generally speaking police are a reactive force...they very rarely ever prevent crime, they react to it. I carry so they are reacting to the bad guy laying in a pool of his blood instead of reacting to me laying dead on the street with my belongings gone and the bad guy nowhere to be found.

17. WannaGator

WannaGator New Member

I don't carry yet as I don't have a license yet but I do plan to.

What I see from Humanity is that men/woman no longer care about anything/anyone but themselves and will do any unspeakable act to satisfy their lusts no matter how base.

I am not in Law Enforcement(I have the upmost respect for these men/woman) but instead work in a service/sales capacity (I work alone as part of my profession, go to new places,interact with people I don't know this leads to a great deal of uncertainty).

I desire to harm no one and bare no one malice.

In the same breath I refuse to be a victim of the Evil/Hate/Class Warfare.

18. fudo

fudo New Member

I carry because I can't get the bad guys to give me their schedules.

19. ki4dmh

ki4dmh New Member

I carry for self defence from the bad guys out there. It has paid off for me two different times. I hope I never have to use my weapon again but I will.

20. steve666

steve666 New Member

[​IMG]Why I Carry a Gun
    OPENING NOTE: If you find yourself in a fair fight... your tactics suck!
    1. The first rule of a gunfight is: HAVE A GUN
    2. The two next most important rules in a gunfight are: always cheat and always win.
    3. In a gunfight there is no such thing as overkill.
    4. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
    5. I carry a gun ‘cause a cop is too heavy.
    6. OK, so a cop can walk, but then you have to carry donuts to keep him close by.
    7. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    8. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.
    9. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!
    10. You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it.
    11. The sword is never the killer, it is a mere tool in the killers hand.
    12. Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!
    13. The purpose of fighting is to win.
    14. Because I can't throw a rock 1325 fps.
    15. I don't want my dying words to be "Damn, I wish I had my gun.”
    16. I would rather have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it.
    17. In case I need to shoot something… or someone.
    18. ‘Cuz a gun ain't got no legs...
    19. Because you never know when one of us is going to come up lame and need to be put down!
    20. You know... because of the killer clowns.
    21. Have you ever tried to skin a LIVE cat?
    22. "Don't look like I can count on you to remember yours."
    23. "I can hammer nails with this but I can't aim a hammer for squat."
    24. "Gun, I’ve got a gun... how the heck did that get there?"
    25. Because grenades cause too much collateral damage.
    26. "I'm too old to run and these are my good pants."
    27. "Ever tried beating people to death with a cop? I'm waaaaaay to old for all that."
    28. "It's a lot easier to kick idiots after you've shot them a couple times."
    29. "When I get tired of stupid questions people pay a lot more attention than they do with out the gun."
    30. "Because I'm too lazy to throw the bullets myself."
    31. "Because my dogs collar only lets him get 25 feet from the house..."
    32. It a conversation starter, see it's working already.
    33. All Americans carry guns, may I see your ID?
    34. My tank is in the shop.
    35. I think a better question is "Where is your gun?"
    36. Don't worry! There's no water in it.
    37. Because there is NO way I'm stuffing a cop into these pants!
    38. My old grandpa said to me son, there comes a time in every man’s life when he stops busting knuckles and starts busting caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take an ass whooping!
    39. Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whooping!
    40. No one who was ever in a firefight has ever complained of having TOO MUCH ammunition.
    41. Keep shooting. Weigh them down with lead. Ammunition is cheap, life isn’t.
    42. Police Protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.
    43. Because I refuse to be a victim and I'm too lazy to push daisies.
    44. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?" "NO Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle."
    45. A reporter did a human interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him, "Why do you carry a .45?"
    The Ranger responded with, "Because they don't make a. .46."
    46. Because baseball bats are uncivilized, swords are messy, and people look at you funny when you carry either one to Wal-Mart.
    47. Because pointing my finger & yelling "bang… bang" is not very effective!!!
    48. I kept tripping over my sword
    49. I carry so that bad things will happen to bad people.
    50. The muzzle of a gun pretty much says, “Go Away” in every language.

PARTING NOTE: An unloaded gun is just a club!