Why do some men only buy and shoot 22's?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by The5Last5Rebel, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The5Last5Rebel

The5Last5Rebel New Member

Are they just a bunch of *****'s?

2. chewchew

chewchew New Member

We are , but can you cook dumplings.

Sent from my pink I Phone

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012

3. Armadiloroadkil

Armadiloroadkil New Member

Because some, like myself, are just getting started, perhaps??? That has to account for a large percentage, because I can tell you I'm hooked and will not be stopping at my 10/22.

4. lawman30

lawman30 New Member

It's sad that people like you think that way! Maybe some people just like shooting them, or are just getting into shooting. Who cares what people shoot, as long as more people start shooting! Grow up! And yes I have .22's, and I still shoot them! Give me a break!

5. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Because the range in my village is only 100 yards.

Because you can practice a lot of the fundamentals for not a lot of $$ and without the fatigue a .308 would give you.

Because .22LRs get pushed around by the wind a lot more and you can put a few .22LRs in the hole made by just one round of the a larger calibers, thus the challenge of marksmanship is higher and cheaper.

6. scott_gen

scott_gen New Member

A brick of 22LR for 20 bucks and shoot for a while at the range is a great inexpensive day.

7. orangello

orangello New Member

As mentioned, .22LR is cheap, fun, and good practice...reminds me of this chick in Memphis. :D

Also, .22LR practice is a bit quieter for more populated areas and is more kid-friendly for initiating the offspring. Additionally, for smaller game hunting, it doesn't tear up the meat as much (tree rats & such).

Nobody asks the big-bore addicts if they really just enjoy a good "pounding".

8. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

So I guess you gotta shoot big bore to be a bad azz now a days :D I believe they all punch holes in paper so why not do it cheaper ? I shoot .22lr thru my 5.56 AR and I can shoot 500 rds for $14 lets see ya do that with a big bore ;)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  9. Yunus

Yunus New Member

A real man would hunt Bear with a .22 :D

I would never call that man a *****.

10. orangello

orangello New Member

Added that to the bucket list; i wonder how fast those rangers are at Jellystone. :D

Pffft! Any bachelor worth his salt knows those flour tortillas are just quicky dumplins waiting to happen.

11. chewchew

chewchew New Member

Are you single and in your early 20's like me. I'm a looking for a fellow like you. I might look old but I'm only 22. (had a rough life)

Sent from my pink Ear Phone

Attached Files:

12. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Currently I have 6 22lr's and 1 more on order. I have a number of larger guns also but unlike you I dont need a big gun to make up for a lack of manhood as witnessed by your juvenile post. Go troll on some other forum or man up and apologize to the forum.

13. orangello

orangello New Member

LOL! Sorry, my bachelorhood is more solid than the Hoover Dam and is based in the firm belief that my cats are right about me. :) Besides, nobody in their twenties buys Crisco in a gallon can or has a ceramic cartoon frog in their kitchen, or so they tell me. I haven't been in my twenties for some time now.

14. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Realy?! I've been shooting for 7 yrs now and I am about to go to Trinidad state college in Colorado and I shoot my 10/22 more than anything. I've got bigger guns but I have more fun with my .22.

Well I have more fun with my AR, but its just a big .22!!

15. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I myself own only one 22 and it was my gramps, I still use it for taking crows and what not and even squirrel season still accurate. I like have my 22 for when I'm low on $$ I usually have a couple of bricks and I just go shoot the hell out of it. If I had to get ride of all my guns except my 22 ya I would have a giant problem with it but I would be glad (much much later) that I was able to keep my 22. When I get some more money I'm gonna get me a new one, just don't know what yet.

16. Soliferrum

Soliferrum New Member

if you ask me .22s is what makes you a bad ***. I would not do my john mcclane remakes with my big stuff. but i will do the jump and shoot, the double wield, or basically act like a Tetragrammaton Cleric with one of those retarded styled .22 pistols. .22s mix that live round danger, but being able to control it alot better. my .45 makes me a prepared and defensive man, my .22 robocop looking pistol makes me the action star badass that i am. woot!

17. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

What caliber are you proposing?

What has caliber to do with one's masculinity, or lack thereof?

Are you one of those who buys a S&W .500 magnum and puts 10 rounds through it and calls it a day of shooting? Then after about 50 rounds, it's up for sale LNIB. But you want full retail, because, it's just that cool, Right? After which, you go around making fun of people shooting .22s.

18. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Well, gee. I can go shoot my .270 for about $20 for a box of fifty rounds, and thoroughly pound my shoulder, or I can drop $15.00 for 550 rounds of .22 ammo, take the wife, making her leave her .270 at home as well, and make a day of plinking, or become a potato head and let my insecurities make me feel that I have to go shoot a howitzer to prove I stand to pee...
    Gonna go with the .22.

19. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

I agree with this type of comment totally. Ya i have calibres that will kick the **** out of you and ya i shoot em but you know what? I shoot my 10/22 and marlin 882 ss 22 mag more than anything, well except maybe my warbird. If you think you are such a big bad MAN for shooting the big calibres then come shoot my warbird and ill make sure to post the video of it knockin you into the dirt on here so all can see just how much more manly you are of the rest of us. Im 6'0 175 #s so if you think that recoil makes you a man you are a very juvenile troll.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

20. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

Big boys like big bore guns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.