Firearms Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
381 - 395 of 395 Posts
Back before the Obummer scare (where non gun people bought a lot of guns).........the range was unsafe too many times. Enough that I adopted a rule:

If a cop or soldier shows up, leave.

Good old days........was fine until they showed up. Not joking. Scary chit I saw, too many times.

Now it's worse.

Club not far from affluent area............guess making over 150K a yrs means you can be a dumbarse. Cause that's what I'm seeing.

Rules posted............yet some think placing target stand at 10 yards........on 25 yard shooting area...........is OK. They do this now and then............when the 7 yard pistol range has nobody on it. Pure genius.

I figured you and Winds were AWOL somewhere.:D:D
Winds is working weekend nights, so she was sleeping when I was shooting.

Reactions: locutus
i guess the mods thought he was a troll as well! :D
I have such a firm command of the obvious that they promoted me to Captain! ;)

While at the range today doing some ammo testing,there were 2 guy's that came in seperately with Savage FCP 338 Lapua Magnum rifles.
Now,I have nothing against this caliber,but if you want to shoot this caliber,why in the hell would you want to shoot it at a 100 yard range,and then * and moan about it not shooting very small groups.

Why do these guy's think a caliber that was designed to shoot 1000-1500 yards accurately will make a 100 yard tack driver? I laugh everytime I see these range ninja's show up with their long range missles,and then wonder why they won't shoot at short range.That's kinda like trying to shoot sub-MOA groups at 500 yards with a 22lr,IMO.

Both of these guy's handloaded their own ammo,and they were loading way too hot.The cases were getting stuck in the chambers,and they were having to use a cleaning rod to knock the cases out.
When I saw them doing this,I walked down the line to where they were shooting and asked them if I could look at their spent cases.I noticed that they both had flattened/blown primers,and informed them they should back off the powder charges before they damage their gun's or themselves.
They were very nice guy's,but I really don't think they have a clue to what they are doing with these big rifles.

Around here,unless you own or know someone that has a big piece of property,you have to drive around 2hrs to get to a 1000 yard range.And unless your a member of these shooting ranges,there are only a couple days a month that they have public access,even then,unless you have been qualified to shoot at over 600 yards,you can't use the longer ranges.

I just don't get it,It must be an ego thing in owning a rifle that is bigger/better than the next guy's.
Because they're married and wife's don't like lapuas going off in they're back yard even if your 400 yards away. :cautious: I know all to well.

Haven't any of "youse gize" ever bought a gun you had no practical use for????:p
That comment should have never been made. There's alway a noble use for that firearm. Sure enough, I got not one but two 375 H&H's. Who knows when the dreadful Kudzu Gaur will attack. You-all need to be ready.😲

I'm going to play devil's advocate here.

I have absolutely no use for most of the guns in my safe, I bought them because I wanted them.

I have a Winchester 70, in .375 H&H. There's no practical use for a caliber that large in North America, but I wanted it, and I killed a couple of elk with it. Way, way overkill. The meat tasted just as good as the elk I killed with my .30-06.:D

I have an M-1 Garand, but really no use for it. The same for the AK-47 and AK-74.

If a guy wants to own and shoot a 600 nitro, or a SA .50 BMG, more power to him as long as he doesn't use it irresponsibly.

Haven't any of "youse gize" ever bought a gun you had no practical use for????:p
I have twice used30 yr old .375 dies,which says a lot.

For a real "rifle Loony." no excused is needed. It's there because it's there. If there's further conversation the reply is"...get over it." I can add that those guns were here when you came on board!

Folks, this thread was dormant for more than four years before the most recent spate of responses.

This thread has also degenerated into name-calling. Not allowed.

Thread closed.

@Thorhammer9 - welcome to the site. Please wander over to the Introductions forum and introduce yourself to the crowd. Also, review this thread for good site information: So yer new here, huh?

381 - 395 of 395 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.