Why do I want an M27 S&W .357 4"

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by dunerunner, Jan 12, 2011.

1. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

I've wanted one of these since I was in my early twenties. It just feels perfect. For me it has the right weight, the right grip, the perfect balance.

Now I need to round up some cash!! So it will have to wait 'till after El Paso!

[​IMG]

2. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Why? Because Ed McGivern had a couple and he was the mother effing MAN!

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Ed could certainly do some amazing things with a pistol. I can only dream about ever being able to slice a playing card with a handgun.

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

It's a model 27. Why wouldn't you want it? ;)

5. NGIB

NGIB New Member

A few years ago, I picked up a pre-27 with a 3.5 inch barrel on a trade. The gun was so beautiful & smooth I didn't even feel justified in holding it much less shooting it. The bluing was incredible - the best I've ever seen. I traded it to a collector in KY as I couldn't bear to have a real safe queen. The Model 27 to me is the finest .357 Magnum revolver ever produced - a real classic...

6. remington7mm

remington7mm New Member

i shot one of them this weekend, really conferable in my hand and would buy one for the right price.

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The 27 is almost too pretty to shoot. I have a 4" 28 that is a real shooter. If you remind me I will be glad to bring it to El Paso.

8. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Gort, Buringa!!

The Model 28, of course! :D

9. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Dune,

Glass picked up a Model 28 from a pawn shop here that is probable 95%. She looks like she has never been fired. I can’t tell you what she paid but I believe there might be a warrant for her arrest associated with her acquiring it. You can shoot her when you come to the M&G (the 28 not Glass).

Scubie

Here she is…

Attached Files:

10. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

And That is a Deal!! Thanks, I'll bring ammo!! :D

11. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

I know why I wanted mine. They look real bad ***! :D Plus the frame is bigger than the 19 so you can run full size loads all the time without wearing the gun out. Plus its bad ***!;) However, I did trade it for a 1943 Garand. Don't even have that one anymore.:(

12. Snubshooter

Snubshooter New Member

A 4" N frame what a revolver is supposed to look like. And they are a joy to shoot too.