Why do hunters hunt? Besides food.

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Hdq, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Hdq

Hdq New Member

I really want to get into hunting by myself now. ive been with my uncle a few times when i was a young teen i live in arizona in a city there really isnt a need for me to hunt for my food because i can just buy it at the store my mother is very much against hunting or killing any animals she asked me why do you like hunting? Do you like hurting animals? Do you like destroying animal families? And i didnt want to talk much about it cuz i cant back up my own words. i enjoy hunting to get away from the city to be with nature to see the beauty and adventure but when my mom talks about i go to hurt animals and kill inocent animals it turns me off because i too love animals and i dont want to hurt any animals unless im gonna eat it ;) but animals that you cant eat like coyotes mountain lion i wouldnt shoot or hunt what for? Are they valuable? Can you eat it? Why do hunters hunt id like more like minded ppl to tell me why they go hunting so i dont feel bad going on my hunting trips

2. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I enjoy being outdoors. It's peaceful, quite, and just a damn place to take a nap p.
    The animals are all part of the system. They to kill and coyotes carry disease. So don't worry about leaving them behind same thing for a lot of others like armadillo, raccoon, opossum, .
    Game birds like dove, goose and pheasant are real tasty treats as is hog and Java Lina, elk, moose, and deer. Why pay for food when god has offered it for the taking right? I will leave it at
    that and leave u with this picture that will probably piss ur mom off.

[​IMG]

3. fmj

fmj New Member

Your mom must get her meat from the meat tree that grows out behind the grocery store.:rolleyes:

I hunt for all of the above. Peace, solitude, communing with the highest power, adventure, meat etc.

I hear tell cougar is damn tasty, 'yotes fetch decent prices for their hides as do coons.

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I hunt because we are meant to. It's a simple biological fact animals with eyes on the front of their heads are predators. I also enjoy fresh meat, the connection to nature, the hunt itself, leather and fur, bone tools, skulls and the one that will upset people..I enjoy killing.

5. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Hunting pleasure........

If you are out hunting just to kill things and not for food you need help. May I suggest a gun club and you can kill all the targets without regrets. And when it comes to hunting a nusance animal or bird, make sure you are within the law and none suffer long agonizing deaths...

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Not sure who that's meant for.

7. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

It gets me out of the damn city and back out into a place without concrete and actually has a fresh smell

8. Hdq

Hdq New Member

Willshoum is trippen! You cant just go out and shoot animals theres laws fines and penalties! You can go to jail or prison for shooting animals without tags. Thats why us hunters respect nature we are predators designed to hunt and killer instincts but we also respect the law and know right from wrong.

9. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

If the shoe fits............

10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

You mean this 'shoe' ?

Attached Files:

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

Has anyone mentioned the challenge? Unlike what PETA would have people believe, Hunters don't just go out and mow down innocent baby Bambis. It's a challenging and rewarding experience to plan your harvest, do it right, and make it a success.

12. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Amen! Alot of new hunters think its gonna be easy, that the deer, elk, moose ect. Is just gonna walk up and let its self get shot. Most people DON'T realize what a challenge it is just to go and bag a good size deer, much less dragging its azz out of the woods. Hunting isn't about shooting innocent animals, its about living the way we did 2000 years ago ( albeit without guns) and feeling that rush when you aim at your prey, wether its your first hunt ever or your 10th moose the adrenaline is always there and will return every time you take aim at a new target. I hunt because i love it. I love the outdoors, i love the sweat and work that comes after the hunt, hell i love freezing my azz off in winter hunts, i hunt because wild game taken with your own hands tastes like a friggin feast compared to grocery store chicken. I hunt because i won't be victim when the government collapses and people cant get access to a store. I hunt because i was raised to believe that God put us and the animals on this earth, and that God said (im paraphrasing) if your hungry go kill it yourself. I hunt because can, and will continue to do so until the day i can no longer move without assistance, and when that day comes i want to be left in the woods by my self to pray and think.

13. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i hunt for.... well honestly i cant find a reason not to hunt. enjoying nature, the challenge, the reward(dinner), being in the woods, taking a nap. and of course all the memories of hunts that i made a mistake on. such as when i had a nice 8 point at 15 yards and no arrows left.. had just shot a small doe he was chasing. didnt see him following.. and did not have extra arrows that day.

14. JonM

JonM Moderator

If your truly interested in saving the whale, condor, eagle , owl whatever, just open a controlled hunting season on it. Hunters do more and donate more money towards conservation than greenpeace hippy peta types.

Hunters are generous have jobs and work for a living animal rights hippies live on the government dole, think working is for tools, and are stingy greedy types.

15. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

:confused: Could be animals don't shoot back? :confused:

16. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Getting your rocks off........

It seems that we have a new breed of hunters, they are the ones that just want to shoot, and kill. There are many great hunters that gave up the gun and picked up cameras to shoot thier prey. Seems you all took offence to my post. Well what goes around comes around. Only animals kill for the joy of killing........Yea I like to hunt, Crows, black birds, starlings. All have been over populating and spreading mayhem.....I never hunt just to go out and kill something because it makes me feel good.......PS I got permission to hunt nutria on a mans property, this is a nucance animal in in La. I was there to eradicate the problem, and to feed the buzzards and gators. I was happy to do it, but not in the sence you describe.......:(

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

Man I could go into semantics here...
    Never seen an animal kill for fun...
    I also haven't seen anyone mention they hunt ONLY because they like killing.

Maybe that issue should be dropped?
    There are many rewards to hunting. Take it from someone who hasn't even killed a deer while hunting.

18. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Better to be thought a fool......

trip 286 ..... I never, read the post.......I enjoy Killing.........

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  19. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yeah I enjoy every single part of the hunt and I likely use more of the kill then the rest of the guys on here. Your point?

20. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Imo the kill is the cherry on the sunday. You sit for hours, you see the deer, you wait for it to get inline for a shot, you aim, you fire, it drops. Not a better feeling in the world.