Why did you buy a supressor?

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by Alpha1Victor, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

What were your biggest reasons to buy your supressor?

2. Mercator

Mercator New Member

To protect my hearing.

3. KingTiger

KingTiger Member

To plink at the hunting camp without disturbing other members or wildlife.

4. string1946

string1946 New Member

Cause I didn't have one.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

In order to be free one needs to be as well armed or better than the government that governs the people.

A nation cannot enjoy freedom if only the leader has arms.

6. cotex

cotex New Member

Bought one to go on the end both sig522 and ruger 22/45 lite. It is still very fun with the subsonic ammunition. Mainly to shoot in my backyard without my neighbors going what the heck oh and to eliminate the red squirrel population on my property

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

7. Mercator

Mercator New Member

My other answer, no doubt shared by many is: Because "they" didn't want me to

8. msup752

msup752 New Member

On my Form 4 I put hearing protection, investment, collection. Yes, you have to give the government a lawful reason why you want one before they will approve the transfer.

I can plink without disturbing my neighbors. I protect my hearing which is critical in my profession. I protect fellow shooters at the range from noise and muzzle blast. It also preserves hearing and night vision if used for self defense at home.

Unlike Hollywood and media portrayal, they are not the chosen tools for assassins. Special Forces in a covert operation, yes. They are difficult to conceal and any supersonic bullets still make plenty of noise to draw attention.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

9. hmh

hmh New Member

To shoot quieter

10. freetobefree

freetobefree New Member

trailer park hunting

More people armed, less crime...
    Less people armed, more crime...
    you can't have both!! ( Ted Nugent)

11. goldngun

goldngun New Member

covert ops/ops sec. keep it secret, keep it safe. loose lips sink ships. the quieter the shots, the more safe & successful you shall be!

12. JW357

JW357 New Member

I kinda want one. Maybe someday.

13. cotex

cotex New Member

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1395669364.108417.jpg AAC 762-sdn-6
    This is on order this week, thru a gun trust, also a sbr tax stamp, soooooo I'll let you know when it is in.
    Tex

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

14. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

Nice you won't be disappointed. ;)

I just got mine for an 8.2" 300blk SBR. Shot it the other week for the first time with subsonics and it sounded like a strong pellet gun. Freakin' awesome! :D

I will also use on on a 10" 5.56 but have not tried that yet.

15. Striker12

Striker12 New Member

It's something I have always wanted since I was 8.
    When I saw my first 007 movie at the theater, Goldfinger was just released.
    So when Michigan leagalized the ownership of these I was quick to buy one.

The most important reason is because of the last four letters in AmerICAN.

16. Banger

Banger New Member

The "coolness" factor and apparently I have more money than sense.

17. rachilders

rachilders New Member

A couple of reasons. Mainly to protect my hearing and that of those around me, mainly my kids, when shooting and especially (God forbid it ever happens) if I ever need to fire the gun in my home for self defense. I'd still like to be able to hear when it's done.

18. therukh

therukh New Member

Biggest Reasons

My biggest reason, for my first suppressor, was to compete in the night matches at our local range. I set up my G34 with all the necessary components to be stealthy in the dark. I wanted to be able to use it also for a HD gun, so night practice seemed practical to me. My .22's were for pure fun at first but are so practical for hunting and possibly a stealthy SHTF gun. I decided I wanted something a little harder hitting for a SHTF gun so I have one on my Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle and is it ever quiet with subsonics. The list goes on, and the thrill never stops.