Why Carry Loaded...

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Jesse17, May 15, 2011.

1. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

2. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Video proves the sponser's point.
    Hence, why I carry a live round in my chamber.
    Don't want to deal with a gun poised in my face by bg.
    Every second is a lifetime. And I want it.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Because an UNLOADED gun is a poorly designed club. If I wanted one of hose, I would have bought a BRICK!

4. WDB

WDB New Member

It would be great if the BG had to take the time to rack a round but they always seem to be ready to fire, so I expect any person that is CC for defense should do the same. It's enough to pull your firearm and get on target in a stress situation, putting a round in the chamber is simply time you don't have. If you don't feel confidant enough to carry in condition one more practice and/or training is the right answer.

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  5. Davo45

Davo45 New Member

+1

The 1st Rule of Gun Safety I learned was, "Treat ALL guns as if they are LOADED unless the action is LOCKED OPEN and you have VISUALLY INSPECTED it to make sure." There have been an awful lot of people "accidentally" or "unintentionally" killed with "empty" guns. If it involves a human action it is not "ACCIDENTAL". Carrying a defensive pistol with the chamber empty defensive pistol would be like carrying a knife with a dull blade....it just isn't designed to work that way.

6. Thebiker

Thebiker New Member

The first couple of seconds can be the difference between you breathing or the BG. "Excuse me while I rack my slide"......:eek:

Always one in the chamber and 15 more in the mag!

7. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYlDbv7MqE8"]YouTube - Classic Movie Line #34[/ame]