Why can't I post?

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by Squawk, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Squawk

Squawk New Member

I cannot post in a thread in the Politics, Religion and Controversy forum. Can someone please explain why not?

Thanks

2. kytowboater

kytowboater Well-Known Member

You have to be supporting member.

3. Squawk

Squawk New Member

How do I do that?

4. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Must be a supporting member,we get access to those forums plus another quite interesting one.

Also we have cookies....

5. Squawk

Squawk New Member

10-4. I will be doing so on payday. Thanks for help.

/end thread

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'm looking forward to seeing you there.

7. Lessdragon

Lessdragon New Member

So someone that isnt a supporting member cant post in any of those areas down at the bottom or just a few of them?
    Just noticed the premium members only. duh

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Correct. There are some subforums that are for Supporting Members only. This is to prevent people from joining the forum just to stir up trouble. The admins feel if someone is serious enough to become a Supporting Member they probably aren't here just to post a bunch of controversial posts, stir up a hornets nest then be on their merry way.

This is a great forum and I think those who have become Supporting Members feel it was well worth it. Great people here and lots of good information to be shared.

9. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 Active Member

Its cheap and easy! NOTDKU is not greedy, just realizes that folks that invest nothing have nothing to lose and that's where the grenade tossers and miscreants get weeded out fast!

The Special Sections do get deeper into what some would call taboo but I believe for the most part, the Supporting Members keep it both real and tempered. Its kinda like the family you would choose to hang out with not necessarily just the ones you were stuck with via DNA!

Pay the dues, I doubt you will be disappointed! Look forward to seeing you in the super top secret room where all the inside scoop gets exchanged.

10. MontanaRedNeck

MontanaRedNeck New Member

how much are the dues, and which posts can i use for free

11. willshoum

willshoum New Member

You get all them benefits, but nuttins free, you also get the mods thats looking over yo shoulder twice as much......Not includind big brudda.....Come on down, set a spell, take your shoes off. Thick skin and a pennys worth of humor and you'll fit right in.......;)

12. winds-of-change

Admit it, Wills. You LOVE it when I lean over your shoulder like that. ;)

I believe it costs $15 to become a Supporting Member. You're membership would help support one of the best firearms forums on the internet. We are over 43,000 members strong. That's a whole lot of knowledge, friendships and information being shared here. We have admins that are very even keel and easy to get along with. For as many members as this forum has, there are very few problems to be dealt with here.

You can use almost all the subforums for free. There are only a few you need to be a Supporting Member to use. Those would be the "The Bunker" where there's chit chat and general information of a 'higher degree' than the "Clubhouse". Then there's "Politics, Religion and Controversy" and "
    Conspiracy " which are available to SM's only to prevent drive by, random, pot stirring posts. And then there is one more subforum available to SM's only. :cool:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  13. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

I think it got changed, last time I checked it was $20 ($19.95). I could be wrong though.

14. winds-of-change

I will check this out to verify it and post the correct information here.

15. PC167

PC167 New Member

I also seen the cost of membership changed to $19.95.

16. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

It is $19.95 http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/faq.php?faq=premium#faq_premium_membership

It goes to pay to keep the lights on here (site hosting, band width, and servers are not free.

It also helps pay for the Unicorn BBQ every other Saturday, the ammo for the Somali Pirate Suppression Cruise, the Champagne Fountain in the clubhouse, and the Moderator's Bail Fund. And a few treats for our mascots- the Goat and Pengii (although lately Pengii has been hanging out at Winds place a lot)

You are also welcome to submit a technical article (orginal writings- no C&P, please) and if published, recieve an EARNED membership. http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/submit-article-free-premium-membership-53984/

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012