Firearms Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because if I can , I can shoot a 1/2 MOA all day but dadgumit , every time that third shot will make it a 1 1-2 MOA . I've tried putting another shell below my 3 shots in my magazine in hopes of helping seating the same every time no luck .heres what I'm shooting....
1 by 7 DPMS with 16in barrel with DPMS upper and lower the ammo is u55 grain FMJ /BT and 23.5 of H-335. .
Theory-1the heat from the barrel by the third shot is heating the barrel
Theory 2 - I'm a bad shot
Theory3 - go To a heavier bullet
Theory 4 - this is what I need y'alls help with.
Any recommendations are appreciated

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sure we all wished our talents would exceed our weapons ability but as you say it's far and few. I have a recipee for A 77 g nosler with varget that shoots sub MOA so I'm just curious what would cause this phenomenon . Thanks

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cottontop said:
Get a bolt action rifle and then you can shoot 5 shot sub MOA groups all day long.
ct
I Do , my fav is my Sake 243, . 1/2 MOA all day and my Thompson 270 making a bolt like those to shoot 1 MOA is easy making a Ar15 is not as simple that why I like em the challenge peacem

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I may not be the best shot but with my Five Ar15's I can shoot sub with everyone. Now that's with my hand loads so you don't have To have a target rifle to shoot sub MOA . a service rifle is just more picky with the loads and doesn't have the number and range of sub MOA loads that a target rifle has . Since I shoot sub all the time I can't blame it on my skills . Back to my question why on majority of my reloads does it shoot two side by side and the third off ? I think it's been answered tho. Heat . Thanks peace

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.