Why are people deciding to sell their XDM pistols

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by HeatSpitta510, Jul 18, 2013.

1. HeatSpitta510

HeatSpitta510 New Member

I'm seeing them up for sale more and more,are they reliable?

2. thatonespot

thatonespot New Member

What? Where? Gimme! :p

It may be an isolated incident, even my LGS's seem sold out of Xd's.
    Far as i've heard they're very reliable, they feel and shoot great IMHO.

3. TNBlackSheep

TNBlackSheep New Member

Extremely reliable, great guns. I've had my XDm 9mm for a year and a half and love more everyday...trying to save up for an XDs too.

Maybe some of the "new" is wearing off, though. They've been out for a few years now, probably a lot of the initial excitement and intrigue is running out, so people are looking for the next new thing. I can't find a single thing wrong with them and I doubt you could find many people at all that will talk too bad about them.

4. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

I love my xd40.. after shooting my brothers xd9.. in want one of those took.. was great..very good shooters. Would highly recommend

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i have the XDm40 and like it just fine. don't have any great love for it, because it's just a reliable pistol that does it's job as required. have no real desire to sell it, but i would if there was the right incentive to do so. i am just not emotionally attached to polymer guns.

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

i absolutely love my two xdm's both are 45acp one is the 4.5 the other 3.8. will never sell either. they are like a 1911 without the capacity issues.

7. HeatSpitta510

HeatSpitta510 New Member

I want the 9mm XDM 3.8 but with the stupid California gun laws ..that pistol is not on the legal list or fire arms...

8. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

How many remember the Dirty Harry movies?

Everyone "needed" a .44 mag. Only to sell it (and a box with 49 rounds) a couple of months later.

The firearm is not what they thought it was (i.e. the perfect gun for them).

Goes the same with cars. You could find a used vehicle that is only a couple of months old (if you look hard enough).

9. Dizzll

Dizzll New Member

xdm's are in demand. People are selling to profit. It's just a Glock that looks better and shoots more accurate

10. Mouser

Mouser Member

I love my XDM and come to think of it...I love all of my guns. I have never sold a gun I bought actually...just too attached to them. My very first shotgun, a single shot 20 ga youth model, I sold to buy an 870 Wingmaster, but other than that, I can not imagine why a person would sell their gun, especially an XD

11. indy36

indy36 New Member

I bought the XDM 5.25 for IDPA. I already had the Glock 34. I shot the XDM and traded it off the next weekend. Cool looks, awesome packaging, but alas, I perform better with the Glock. I can say that The Tactical Defense Institute in Ohio told a buddy of mine that students that show up with an XD often have it break before the 3 days are up. Seems to be a trend.

12. Wolverine70

Wolverine70 New Member

I work at an in door range here in GA and in three years have never seen anyone have any issue with an XD or XDm. We have a range gun in each style and they have fired thousands of rounds over the years without any problems. And I've got over 2000 rounds through mine with no issues. So I have no idea who would report multiple failures honestly.

13. Ricky61

Ricky61 New Member

I have XDM 9mm never any issues.I LOVE this gun.Would like it in 45 also and next purchase will be xds 9mm.I also never sell any guns except KAHR CW40. I hated that gun .

14. danolator

danolator New Member

Maybe they're selling because they're finally ready for Glock.

15. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Down grade if you ask me........

But who asked me?

16. danolator

danolator New Member

HaHa. Good one!

17. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

There everywhere for sale in my area. Makes me wonder as well as the xdm.

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'm seeing all the plastic guns in my area going up on the block. The used market is so flooded, you damn near can't find anything BUT the plastic guns. Namely GLOCK. Not NEARLY as many XD's, but enough to make you wonder.

19. danolator

danolator New Member

Probably nothing more than supply chain rebound. Manufacturers are steadily catching up with demand and panic buyers are trying to unload before their investment turns upside down. Glocks, XD's, and most other weapons were overpriced when demand was so high. Now the manufacturers and panic buyers will have to relax their prices in order to unload inventory. Eventually, we will get back to normal.

20. p35bhp55

p35bhp55 New Member

Ma has an XD subcompact in 9, I have a G27 (40 S&W). The XD was stiffer when new, but is fine now and the Glock was a Glock, I will never have the attachment for the plastic guns that I have for my 1911s or High Power but why anyone would sell the XDs is a mystery to me. Everyone who has shot it likes it and there have been zero issues with QC or function.