Why am i seeing more and more people selling xdm's ??

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by HeatSpitta510, Jul 18, 2013.

1. HeatSpitta510

HeatSpitta510 New Member

I was thinking of buying one but I see people selling them left and right online..?

2. thatonespot

thatonespot New Member

Maybe it was an accident, but don't you have this same question posted already?

Just in case, i will answer again. They are fine pistols for the price, very reliable, excellent accuracy (shooter may vary), and it feels great in the hand.

3. HeatSpitta510

HeatSpitta510 New Member

Yea I posted it twice one was in the XDM thread.., but yea I see them for sale alot.. I'm actually thinking about getting one I just want to be sure I'm not missing something ..

4. thatonespot

thatonespot New Member

I am no expert, but as far as i know they have no widespread or major issues.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

Perhaps they have been more available on the primary market and are now flooding the secondary market?

6. DavidN

DavidN New Member

Love my XDM, so I have no clue why they are all over the market.

Attached Files:

7. tradergdubs

tradergdubs New Member

I have multiple XDM's, XD's and one XDS9mm. I had an XDS45 and traded it. The only reason is the XDS45 was a bit stiff on my finger and shoulder. I absolutely love the XDS9mm and use it for my primary carry now. I'd buy any SA and be glad to have it.

8. HeatSpitta510

HeatSpitta510 New Member

Nice! I want a 9mm XDM 3.8

9. DavidN

DavidN New Member

Thanks, I think the 3.8 XDM or the XDS will be my next purchase. I had Ryan Burick mirror finish the barrel and guide rod on mine. He does an excellent job with free lifetime touch ups.

10. tradergdubs

tradergdubs New Member

You can't go wrong with the xds9 or the 3.8. I have both. I now use the xds for cc.

11. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Excuse me fellas Glock guy here:).....the reason is because everyone is switching to Glock!!!...just joking, no seriously, I want a xdm 3.8 too but I want the .45 version. Are the xdm's more than the xd's? why?

12. fickenmeimirish

fickenmeimirish New Member

Can't say what the reason would be but I have an xdm40 and would never consider selling it. I also just purchased an xds9, my best friend has an xd45 and an xdm9. We both love them. If you are seeing a lot of people selling them it could be a good thing for you, if you can find what your looking for used for a good price, I'd say pick it up, really don't have to worry about it being used since springfield has a lifetime warranty

13. fickenmeimirish

Yes the xdm is more than the xd, usually by around $50 - $100, because the xdm has some added features, though I love the xdm I don't know that the added features are worth the extra cash, all personal preference I guess

14. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Since I just sold 2 XDM's, maybe I could tell some reasons. I bought 3 Glocks in their place for two major reasons:

1) Holsters (duty, light-bearing, competition, etc.) are much harder to locate for XDM. The assortment and availability for Glock holsters is FAR superior.

2) The availability of spare parts is almost nonexistent for the XDM. When it comes to putting together an arsenal for SHTF, the Glock is, again, far superior. I can get every part in multiples for a Glock without really trying. Finding spare parts for my XDM is really tough. For example, go looking for a recoil spring for a 45acp 4.5" XDM. I dare you...

The XDM is a superior pistol (IMHO) with a great trigger and great ergos. But the Glock is much easier to live with. That's why I sold 2 XDM's for 3 Glocks.

15. HeatSpitta510

HeatSpitta510 New Member

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O2TAu1DD3Us[/ame] Check out what this guys says about XD's

16. fickenmeimirish

Dare accepted.. with a quick google search I found a couple websites selling with some in stock. Also sent an email to springfield.. this was their reply:

Good afternoon Mr. Taylor,

You can order recoil springs direct through customer service at 800-680-6866, Monday through Friday between the hours of a8:30am and 4:30pm CST.* Your other option would be Wolff Springs at www.gunsprings.com.

Thank you for choosing the First Name in American Firearms!

Have an outstanding day!

Justin P

Springfield Armory Customer Service

justinp@Springfield-Armory.com

1-800-680-6866

http://www.Springfield-Armory.com

17. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Only reason I could think of was folks rebelling against an American co selling a non-American made product...but I doubt it...but they are a bit higher priced then some other options...
    One Guy at our range sold his .45 XDs because the recoil was much more noticeable then any of his 1911's...one of the RSO's bought it from him and now carries it as his "at work" gun....

18. DenverSteve

DenverSteve New Member

A lot of people bought them when they first came out as an anti-Glock. Now that they've had them for a while, the luster has worn off as they are large and heavy and are replacing them with something smaller and lighter like a Glock 30S or XDS .45/9 or Shield 9.

19. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

^^THIS^^

Funny how Glock never has to advertise, but when Springfield FLOODED the market with ads for the M-Factor, sales rose quite high. I totally agree with DenverSteve!