Why am i not surprised...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by JonM, Jul 24, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

2. ViNoM

ViNoM New Member

Add her to the 27 club! What a shame! Too bad drugs got her. She did have a good voice in the beginning. She could sing just about anything. :(

3. orangello

orangello New Member

It was not a surprise to much of anyone. They say talent is most often accompanied by a tortured soul. She had some excellent work.

4. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

That joke doesnt deserve the right to be named with Joplin, Hendrix, Cobain and Morrison.....IMO.

5. ViNoM

ViNoM New Member

Listen to this and tell me again she was not talented before the drugs got her?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ludxpkyrab0&feature=share]‪Amy Winehouse - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

6. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Well, of course she was talented, but she didnt do NEARLY as much as those others by that age. If she would have gone to rehab and STUCK with it, maybe, but those others are iconic symbols IMO.

Signed
    A HUGE Doors fan

:p

7. ViNoM

ViNoM New Member

or this one

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L9-AvjsB6g&feature=related]‪Amy Winehouse - Love is a Losing Game‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

8. ViNoM

ViNoM New Member

a talented performer, fell into drugs, went to rehab, died of an overdose/suicide at age 27. No, no, I don't see any comparison at all. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  9. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttJg8901qAU]‪Amy Winehouse - Back To Black [Belgrade 2011] HD‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
    [​IMG]

Another junky making responsible drug users look bad.:rolleyes:

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I for one am glad. It is just one less scum sucking low life dirtbag that was using good oxygen that could be used for more productive more useful person that will contribute to the world.

11. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

What about the number 1 hits, the "changing music" thing helps too.....

12. Charley

Charley New Member

Since I had never heard of her till seeing it on the news last night I can't say it bothers me one bit.

Frankly it never bothered me back in the 60's, 70's or any other time for that matter. These people are blessed with God given talents and then they throw it all away by letting drugs and alcohol take control of their souls then letting them take their lives.

We lost several more brave soldiers last week who gave their lives defending this country. That does bother me............................

13. ViNoM

ViNoM New Member

Damn tango, judge much? LOL. Why ya always gotta be hatin' like dat! :D

14. JonM

JonM Moderator

talent has nothing to do with being a scum bag. natural talent is just something your born with like red hair or green eyes. its the choices you make as you progress through life that determine your worth.

human debris like hendrix cobain joplin winehouse adinfinitum really had nothing to contribute and the world is better off without em.

thats just the way i see it.

i have more respect the gentleman that drives by once a week picking up my garbage than i do for losers like winehouse and her ilk.

15. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

Honestly I though she would die sooner, I can't stand people like that. I'm for one am glade she's gone.

16. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Honestly guys? :(

Apathy over the death of another is one thing but stating that you're glad or that the world is better off without them is another entirely. Yes there are some that deserve that attitude (murderers, rapists and their ilk come to mind), but a singer? Not quite in the same class are they...

17. Black Talon

Black Talon New Member

Good music?

18. WDbeej

WDbeej New Member

Yeah, "if she'd gone to rehab" BUT, if you remember she said......

"NO, NO, NO

19. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Jimmy Hendrix is the only one of the artist that you mentioned that even falls into the "changing music" catagory.He was a genius with a guitar.
    The rest IMO all suck!

20. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

The Doors didnt do anything for music? Seriously?