WHY am I buying knives?

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by cpttango30, Mar 18, 2009.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

OMG you guys are so going to get me in trouble.

I am bidding on three different knives on ebay. THANKS A LOT.

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

What's your point? ;)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009

3. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Hang out with the big dogs and you'll learn to bark.

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I missed one oh well there are 1,000 more on ebay.

I have always liked knives but I think I am going to start really buying some now. Why not.

5. Bill of Ojai

Bill of Ojai New Member

Ha ha, I got it CA357!

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Looks like I might get a boker mag. and a Kershaw. WOO HOO the start of my knife collection.

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Well here she is. My one newest editions.

0[1].gif

e14a_1[1].jpg

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  9. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Life long love affair. As a kid, I thought Tarzan was gay, then I sat back and contemplated a guy with nothing but a loincloth and a knife making it in a jungle. Carried one every day since then.

Right now, I'm experiencing swelling in my external genetalia thinking about the Cold Steel Spartan due out in July.

Just got my first Benchmade because all the guys rave about them here, wasn't disappointed. Scary sharp, solid knife.:cool:

10. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

Tango,I know what you mean. I have always liked nice knives,especially handmade knives with unique/exotic wood or bone handles. I have bought 7-8 more in the last couple weeks,I think I need to go to a shrink-I can't stop buying them. My Brother in law and another friend got me into collecting knives and they have some amazing collections.

11. |0xc0|

|0xc0| New Member

I used to have several knives but now I do not have any any more. I figured I just do not need any. Indeed I rarely need a knife.

12. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Here you go this guy makes some super nice knives.

McCroskey Custom Knives

I have personally seen a set of his. They are so sharp you have to be careful putting them back in the leather sheath or you will slice right threw it.

13. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

OMG i just got my Kershaw assisted opening knife. I think I am in love. it is so nice to have a knife that opens right now.

The handle has plenty of grip but it is not so sharp as to tear your hand up if really using it.

14. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Welcome to the Kershaw fraternity! [​IMG]

15. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Just bot my Boker Magnum tonight. Here are a few pictures of the two. the Boker is a very nice knife it is heavy lots of metal in this puppy. Very nice wood on the handle, but it doesn't have a clip and weight is so much that it would pull your pants down on one side. The Kershaw is OMG scary sharp I already cut my thumb with it (No Blood). It is light is assisted open which this is my first one. I will never buy another non-assisted knife again. The Kershaw is not as fancy as the Boker but it is light weight scary sharp and feel much better in the hand. I am going to have to buy more Kershaw knives in the future.

IMG_0270.JPG

IMG_0272.JPG

16. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Get a Ken Onion Leek, you will love it!

Kershaw K.O. Leek, Stainless Handle & Blade, Plain or ComboEdge, Assist Opener - K1660ST
    Kershaw K.O. Leek, Limited Production, Stainless Handle, CPM-D2 Composite Steel Blade, Plain Edge - KS1660CB

Or Ken Onion Shallot

Kershaw K.O. Shallot, Frame Lock, Assist Opener, Black Stainless Handle & Blade, ComboEdge - K1840CKTST
    Kershaw K.O. Shallot, Frame Lock, Assist Opener, Stainless Handle & Blade, Plain Edge - K1840
    Kershaw K.O. Shallot, Limited Edition, Frame Lock, Assist Opener, Black Stainless Handle, Damascus Blade, Plain Edge - KS1840CKTDAM

17. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Boker AK. Workhorse auto, comes in an AK magazine shaped box.