Firearms Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 575 Posts

·
Registered
19,141 Posts
LOL! An all-metal monster is better for pistol-whipping than a piece of tupperware.
;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'll take a stab at it. 1911's give you a chance to practice malfunction drills. Lol. Your first statement is correct.... All personal preference.

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
Umm...having less bullets requires you actually practice putting rounds on target.
Yeah I'm reaching.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Trigger.
Craftsmanship.
Accuracy.
Appearance.
Don't have a grip like a slightly rounded 2x4.
Higher melting point.
1911 Kool Aid tastes better. :p

·
Registered
197 Posts
A 1911 is superior period.

You have to be at least a baby boomer to feel it's superior.

It's all about trigger break, ergonomics and the diameter of the barrel (45acp).

·
Registered
19,141 Posts
Cuz everybody knows that a plastic gun couldn't handle a really hot round like the 10mm.
;)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Can't shoot yourself in the *** with unless you really try, and if nothing else, it makes a great club. That and it's not kick a baby ugly. Even a bargain brand 1911 is tough as nails.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
You asked.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I just have to state this but I don't think caliber or capacity should factor in because 1911s come in too many varieties. I don't know about Glocks as much cause I shot one and wanted to beat the man who suggested it with a stick.

·
Registered
8,404 Posts
Because you won't get "1911 leg"??? :confused:

Real pistols don't get compared to kitchen

storage devices? ;)

Because you may want to shoot a gun

that looks like Madonna, not Medusa?:eek:

Because if you drop your gun in the mud, you

want to hear the splash?:rolleyes:

I could do this all day...

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
I find the Glock 17 and 22 grip to be awful, but the 19 fits just right.

Depends on the use, for recreation, the 1911 all day. For HD either and for carry, I go with the Glock.

But if I had a compact 1911, i'd carry that.

I'd give the 1911 the win here, the glock has its place, but why limit yourself to one?
Buy both.:D

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
because 1911s cost twice as much weigh three times more they hold half the rounds,oh wait im supposed to say why there better let me try again danm glocks are light even when loaded they are very reasonably priced there accurate they have great ergonomics they can be beat to half to death and still perform,oh danm i did it again.

·
Banned
6,150 Posts

...because you should not need Rosie O'donnel's moo moo to cover your shot group. :)

·
Banned
6,150 Posts

...because the range officer gets pissed when you miss high and hit his target stand. :)

·
Banned
6,150 Posts

...because latex is for birth control, not firearms. :)

·
Banned
6,150 Posts

...because rap stars sing about Glocks. :)

·
Registered
19,141 Posts
Cuz the 1911 has at least twice as many numbers in its name/model as the Glock 19?

1 - 20 of 575 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.