Who's ready for hunting season?

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by WestForkArmory, Aug 23, 2012.

1. WestForkArmory

WestForkArmory New Member

So what's everyone's plans for this Fall's upcoming seasons? Anyone going on a hunt out of the unusual, out of state, etc... I know I'm looking forward to deer hunting in Tennessee this year, it's worth the drive from Texas.

2. tri70

tri70 New Member

I would like to get to South Dakota for pheasants and prairie dogs even if I could get a weekend in Oklahoma for some prairie dogs would be fun! I love to hunt deer and coyotes here in Arkansas. I have been to Texas for some hog hunting, we have a few around here. Are in an area with a lot of hogs?

3. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

My son and I both have cow elk tags for second season in Colorado. We are planning on going to 421 up behind Vega Resevior. I have a small game license. But I havent gone hunting yet this year. I work too much.

4. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Got my rifle sighted in. Goin a couple hours north of atlanta for some whitetale. Got a nice spike last year hopin to build on that this year :)

5. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Always ready for hunting season..............

6. WestForkArmory

I wish I was always ready for hunting season. We're just so busy now we barely even have time to setup our guided night vision hunts for hogs right now. Come deer season, I will make some time.

7. HotFudge

HotFudge New Member

Squirrel season opens in like 2 weeks. Need to re-sight my damn pellet gun and get some more hollowpoints.

8. kycol

kycol New Member

I have an uncle that is about as close as a living Daniel Boone as you can get. It is like he was born and raised in the woods. He has probably killed more squirrels with a sling shot than most have with a rifle or shotgun. Last few years his age has really caught up with him and he can hardly walk, breaks my heart.

9. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Can't Wait

for October 20. First day of pheasant season in SD.

Maybe I'll get a chance to goose hunt this year.

10. 76Highboy

76Highboy New Member

This is a worthy thread IMO. However I am having an operation about a week before hunting season and I will have a definite weight restriction. So I think that calls for some cotton tail hunting, some late fall fishing, and then I am hoping that I can take my 44 mag revolver out in December and drop me a buck on a short range hunt. That is what I am hoping.

I am in hopes there will be some good hunting pics posted this year.

11. WestForkArmory

Good luck on the surgery and recovery. Look forward to seeing some hunting pics come late season.

12. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I have been ready for months and only have a few short weeks left to wait.

76, Good luck with all you are facing. I will be praying for you.

13. RolltideAR

RolltideAR New Member

Unfortunately in AZ it's a lottery draw, and for the first time in as long as I can remember, I didn't get a Coues tag in the same area I put in year In year out. So no "big game" till javelina in the spring. So looks like I'll be busting squirrels and yotes all winter.

14. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

I'm ready. Very ready :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

[​IMG]

15. RolltideAR

RolltideAR New Member

I'd like to introduce him to the business end of Mr. Thunderstick!

16. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

I'm so ready! My shoulder is healed enough from surgery that I can shoot my bow now so I'll be ready for the Oct1 Bow opener here in NY and I'll keep hunting till the close of gun season.

17. brunsonboy

brunsonboy New Member

opening day of rifle season is in 8 days
    and im laid up with a busted ankle (fracture) and bronchitis
    havent even had a chance to go pick up a few boxes of .308
    well busted ankle and sick or not im gonna be in the woods on september 1st
    lookin for that big 11 pointer ive been seeing the past 2 years

18. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

U hunt in suffolk before with your bow? I just got one this year and can't wait to try it out on the island... Really like this 3 month season..

19. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

No, I've never hunted Suffolk because it's so damn hard to find a place to hunt. There are some huge antlered deer there though. I have my own land up state so that's where I go.

20. WestForkArmory

Wow, look at that monster!