Who's in the Parker area!

Discussion in 'Arizona Gun Forum' started by KG7IL, Oct 24, 2015.

1. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

I am starting my annual snowbird trip to the beautiful shores of the Colorado River, north of Parker, below the dam.

I'll be bringing a few plinkers with me and love to run the Jeep through the rocks, hills and mesa's..

I'll be on FTF. Let me know and we can send some lead 200, 300, 400 or more just for fun.

2. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

The last few Saturdays we have been shooting at Cienega Springs Rd, just off Hwy 95 (the road to the Desert Bar).

quite a few shooters use this place. Unfortunately some of the folks (not our group) have brought out applicances and garbage and have left it there.

I wish I had enough folks around here to participate in a cleanup.

3. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

Wrong Parker and Wrong Colorado River for me.
    The parker I know is south of Denver. ..

4. DesertToad

DesertToad New Member

I hate it when people spoil things by not cleaning up after they shoot.

KG7KOC

5. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

Got me again

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  6. hunter105

hunter105 New Member

I'll be heading to Bullhead in November. Plan to join the Tri-State shooting park. Will also shoot in the desert but pick up my sh&$.

7. CaptMidnight

CaptMidnight New Member Supporter

There is a nice shooting range at Bouse,Az South of Parker. It was used by the USMC years ago. It has a full time caretaker is open 7 days a week no charge. It has a fun Black Powder shoot and walk trail. :)

Mongo likes this.
  8. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

This year (2016) I will arrive at the first of November...
    Last year (following my posts above) we had a good time with several friends and their handguns..
    Oh... and we had a good time with several friends and their AR's...
    uh... and a several friends with lever actions, revolvers, bolt actions, shotguns.. and more guns...
    We brought our steel spinner targets and left with them...
    I did find a lot of abandoned brass... the collection grows... in every caliber you can imagine.

9. CaptMidnight

CaptMidnight New Member Supporter

I spent many Winters in La Paz County, Arizona. It is a nice area not one of the more crowded "yuppie" vacation areas. I like the gun shows in Kingman and Yuma and Wickenburg . There is a nice Air Park in Salome :)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  10. pmanton

pmanton Active Member

Yep that's where I live---the airpark at Salome

:D

Paul
    Salome, AZ

11. Mongo

Mongo Well-Known Member Supporter

l'm thinking of buying a vacant lot in Golden Valley and drag my trailer down there, boondocking during the worst two months of winter here in Oregon

12. Mongo

Mongo Well-Known Member Supporter

l'm considering to buy a vacant lot in Golden Valley, drag my trailer down there and boondocking during the worst two moths of winter in Oregon