Who's got night sights on their Glock?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by indyfan, Oct 5, 2010.

1. indyfan

indyfan New Member

What brand? How are they working out for ya?

I'm debating on which ones to get...Really thinking about Tru-Glo or Ameriglo

Any opinions on which brand is better? This is my first time buying night sights. :eek:

2. crusty1sg

crusty1sg New Member

night sights

I just had Tru-Glo sights installed on my Glock and I'm totally satisifed with them.

3. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

4. 007BondJamesBond007

007BondJamesBond007 New Member

5. Ralphhster

Ralphhster New Member

I have tried them all at one time or another---don't mean to bust your bubble but the original equipment white dot sights are by far the best for normal use ! Night sights glow in the dark and look "neat" but if you use them at night the muzzle flash will negate the pretty glow and you can't see them any better than the stock white dot sights !
    I suggest that you try a set of them in a true night time scenario prior to spending the money ! My bet is that you wont be able to see your sights after the first shot,anyway !
    The fact is that night sights are more difficult to obtain a daytime sight picture because they are not as brite in daylight as the standard white dot sights !
    Where will the majority of your "first" shots take place--- day or night ?;)

6. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Indyfan,

I put Tru-Glow on Glass’s duty weapon and she is extremely happy with them. She has green on the front sight and yellow on the rear and the sight picture is fast to pick up and they are reasonably priced.

Ralphhster,
    I’ll have to disagree with you on the use of night sights and “if you use them at night the muzzle flash will negate the pretty glow and you can't see them any better than the stock white dot sights!”

I use and train the use of night sights and found that it is an individual thing on picking up night sights on repetitive shots. I personally have no problem keeping night sights in view on subsequent shots as long as I keep both eyes open but this is just me. I have officers who can’t find night sights in the dark at all even before shooting the first shot, and then I have officers who do lose the sight after the first shot. I also have officers who don’t like night sights and prefer normal white sights. Again, I think it is a personal thing.

Scubie

7. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Have to agree with Scubie here. I had a Glock 23 for a short time (my son wanted a Glock so I traded for it) and it had the Tru-Glo TFOs on it. They are really great sights. The fiber-optics are great in the day and the tritium covers the night. If I was in the market for new night sights, these would be my choice hands down...

8. gatopardo

gatopardo New Member

maybe dots?

Hello Indyfan just PM me, i'll send you some of these,"test" Glow-Dots,
    put them on your sights temporarily and check it out, if it is not what you like you can move on, it's free to try. Just let me know a size 1/8" or 1/16"
    if you don't state a size I'll send both.

[​IMG]

If you happen to install them on a pistol, please remember to apply a small amount of colorless transparent nail polish"ON and Around", like this example, you might try on a flashlight or something else to see how they work for you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shihan: You are a true friend, PM me if I can do anything for you, amigo,

Live long, Gato.

9. mrasgt

mrasgt New Member

If you're not fooling around....

Get the Trigicon.

I know...pricey, but I've night qualed 100 times with my Trigicons....love them

10. billt

billt New Member

I have Trijicons on both my Glock 21, and my Glock 30. They are quite bright. If you purchase a handgun with night sights be sure to look at the date on the sights. Trijicon for example, puts the date on both the front and rear sights in small white numbers. "04" means the sights were manufactured in 2004. This is important because the Tritium Gas used in night sights has a half life of around 10 to 11 years. This means in 10 years the sights will be only half as bright. Some unscrupulous dealers will remove this date with Acetone, and you have no idea when they were manufactured.

You could be paying full price for old sights. This is also good to know when negotiating the price of a used handgun. Night sights can cost up to $100.00 to replace. Bill T.

11. Dizzll

Dizzll New Member

12. Patrick Sperry

Patrick Sperry New Member

Glock Night Sights

I have the Tru Dot MH3's on my Model 20, and they have served me quite well. But, I have to agree that it's largely a personal thing.

One thing that I did notice after changing from the stock barrel to the Lone Wolf was that I don't have to "Bury" the front sight at short ranges now. It seems to hit point of aim pretty reliably out to twenty-five yards now.

13. Neophyte1

Neophyte1 New Member

Night Sights

I happen to be 'some' color blind :) I have looked into these;

Meprolight Fixed Night Sights - 6.5mm - GREEN/GREEN

Meprolight Fixed Night Sights - 6.9mm - GREEN/YELLOW
    Item: ML-10222Y
    Price:$72.00

TRUGLO T.F.O. Sights - 6.9mm - Green/Yellow
    Item: TG131GT2Y
    Price:$99.00

http://www.glockmeister.com/Night-Sights/products/36/

14. 007BondJamesBond007

007BondJamesBond007 New Member

15. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I have Glock night sights on my 19. Wouldn't care if it didn't have them. I'm impartial to night sights in general.

16. tmoore912

tmoore912 New Member

I guess I'm old school, but I will be installing some 10-8 Glock sights with the brass bead insert on a used G17 I picked up last week. I like the ledge on the back sight that I can rack the slide with one hand on my belt if needed. The brass bead is easy to pick up and works well for me. I had this set up on a 1911 and I liked it. You can get it with a night front sight if you wish.

Here is what the 1911 sights looked like before I installed them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hilton Yam makes some nice stuff. Glock_Products

17. indyfan

indyfan New Member

if shooting in low light conditions, can the flash from your gun really mess with your night time eye sight?

I mean, are night sights really a worthy investment?

I'm getting a tactical light for my Glock, should be here soon

18. Neophyte1

Neophyte1 New Member

can be blinding

indyfan; Sir; without question; it can be blinding. That first time you'll :) say :) wow weee,
    I have an opinion about 'nite sights'; sometimes a positive; other times ??? not needed?? wishy-washy with myself. Having done some night shooting; ''still after all this time'' still on the fence.:)

19. tomgodd

tomgodd Active Member

I haae the night sites Glock offers. THey are OK, I guess. I have never shot it at night and hope I never need to.

20. SwitchHunter

SwitchHunter New Member

Night Sights

Just another vote for Trijicon. Have tried several brands and they are my personal choice.