Whos all killed some whitetail this year?

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by PatrickHarrison, Dec 27, 2011.

1. PatrickHarrison

PatrickHarrison New Member

Post some photos and describe it please. My season after the bad drought has been bad and would like to see some deer.

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Patrick,

Here is my Texas Buck this year from opening week.

Attached Files:

3. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Snagged this one opening weekend for rifle season. First deer after 10 years of not deer hunting

Attached Files:

4. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Never fired a shot the whole season, Damnit & I am not saying I did not see deer, because I did Damnit !

5. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Unlike the majority of deer hunters, I don't hunt with the desire to harvest a Buck. If I see one, ill drop it, but I prefer a fat does.

Shot mine at 5pm the first Friday of the season. Brother and I had been in position for about 30 minutes when two does popped put of the timber. Waited for 15 minutes to see if a buck was there, but one never showed.

375 yards with my CZ550 Varmint 308, 168gr Sierra match kings over 42.4 of RL15, R-p brass, WLP primer.

Brother got the little one with his Savage 110 30-06 with 150gr federal blue box.

6. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Took a couple good muley bucks, an one corn fed colorado whitetail doe, that doe is the best deer meat I have ever had period, next yr ill let my daughter shoot the bucks ill put in for doe tags

7. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

The details and a picture of my 2012 deer is in the thread below.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/2011-deer-season-51875/

Plus some of the other hunter's pictures, too.

8. oletrapper

oletrapper New Member Supporter

Freezer is full.

Took a button buck opener modern firearm. Thought it was a doe. 110lb FD. Should have had some sort of a rack but just buttons. At that weight, glad to remove it from the gene pool. Took a doe, opener, muzzleloader season. 130lb FD. Really a nice doe. Freezer is full. OT

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I dont gun hunt here in IL. but I do bow hunt and I took a couple nice does this season , passed on a lot of little bucks and yearlings this season . I still have til the 17th of Jan and may get to go out a couple more times before the season is up

10. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Killed a doe and a seven point cull buck in muzzleloader season. Also killed a doe and an old eight point buck in rifle season. The eight point was well past his prime. All were killed with muzzleloaders.

11. teaberryeagle

teaberryeagle New Member

Arrived in my backyard on Christmas Eve, but neighborhood is not condusive to shooting.........:D

Attached Files:

12. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Teaberry.... this is why owning a suppressor or bow is a must.

13. teaberryeagle

teaberryeagle New Member

Very true, but the neighbors take a dim view of killing the deer in the neighborhood........although a "crossbow" some morning before they get up would do the trick........:D

14. TheHunter100

TheHunter100 New Member

Where do you live if you dont mind me asking, just curious

15. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Just about any major metropolitan area these days, plus any city in the mid-west. More deer in the cities than in the woods here in Wisconsin these days. Lots of towns now have bow-hunts on park land.

16. teaberryeagle

teaberryeagle New Member

near richmond, virginia..........:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  17. TheHunter100

TheHunter100 New Member

Wish it was like that here in california also we have those bull**** gun laws

18. TheHunter100

TheHunter100 New Member

Thats nice must have alot of deer whrre you live if I wanna hunt deer I have to drive for hours past the city

19. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

My buddy and myself did the same thing,we saw what looked like 2 good sized does walking together around 40 yards away,we shot them in sync with his 270win and my 12ga slug,his went right down due to a lung shot,and while my slug went exactly where I aimed,I am fairly new to hunting(3 years in)and made a shot where I thought the heart was,unfortunatley it wasnt and It took both shoulders out and he ran,but did recover the deer with a headshot 15 minutes later.It seems like button bucks are less gamey tasting and even smell better field dressing that either a full grown buck or even a full grown doe.