Who's all excited about the new open carry law?

Discussion in 'Oklahoma Gun Forum' started by Big-Nasty, May 14, 2012.

1. Big-Nasty

Big-Nasty New Member

Who's all excited about the new open carry law the governor's goona sign and what is your opinion on it?

2. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I think thats its another win for us, although im still gonna continue to carry concealed. I carried a gun on my hip as a LEO for several years so the new has wore off to me. I also dont like attention, i dont like prying eyes watching me while im shopping or whatever the case may be. The added option will be nice though

3. edm1911

edm1911 New Member

I also will still conceal but it will be nice to know it my shirt comes untucked or my jacket flies opened with the wind it might no be as big of a deal, If I am making any sence. Long hours and no sleep it taking its toll. Lol

4. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

This is the main reason I think it's good. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it on its face, not just because it protects against accidental "brandishing". One concern I have however, is weapon retention. I hope that we don't have a situation where someone who is careless has their gun taken away and used on them or worse, innocent bystanders.

It's the price we pay for freedom, however.

Myself, I'm with Wray...no plans to OC. I can't imagine a situation where I would ever want to do so.

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Seems like everytime i go to walmart i see these young cowboys drive their dodge trucks, then get out wearing spurs and their pants tucked in their boots just to walk around. I wonder how long it will be before i see someone walking around with duel six guns, lol

6. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Yeahhhhh boots IN pants???? That's just weird, only time my boot uppers are exposed..... Is when I'm to drunk to care.

7. edm1911

edm1911 New Member

Agree 100%, I don't see any reason to run out and pick up a tactical thigh rig. But I do believe some people will.

All but one of my holsters are iwb but one, and that one is only worn on the range or in the case of very cold weather when I am wearing a heavy coat or such. That does not happen much around here.

8. P90

P90 New Member

I've never worn a OWB holster for personal carry. All mine are IWB. I did order a OWB holster to try, since I don't have to worry about printing or flashing. The only time I will wear it without a un-tucked shirt, will be to and from the Ranch, and while there. I do like the options, though I wouldn't open carry in crowded places. I've carried for years, but never for show.

9. satajet

satajet New Member

Thats a great point. Open carry opens up the issue of personal responsibility in reguards to weapon retention. People do crazy things that may cause unwanted attention to you and those with you...who wants to sit in the security detention area because of some bonehead?

10. satajet

satajet New Member

I'll stick with CC for this reason alone.
    Satajet.

11. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Where might this be I wonder? :confused:

12. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

I open carry on my off days because i pf course cant have it at work, no problem. In my state OC is legal at 18 (yes its 18, yes i have checked and have reference, please dont argue, been through enough an proved too many people wrong). Anywho, i only open carry because im 20 and cannot legally conceal it, i do however turn 21 in a few months and the only thing i look forward to is getting my CCW. As far as retention goes, i have a locking paddle holster. No issues yet and i allways try my best to keep aware of my surroundings for people looking to potentally take it.

13. satajet

satajet New Member

Well the idea of insit awareness is a good first step...so long as you are confident that issues of weapon retention have been hashed and redoubled. A moment is a long time when fighting to regain control... Satajet.

14. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't have a clue why anyone would want to carry a defensive weapon where everyone could see it. If I were ever in a situation that required me to present my firearm, I would far rather it be a surprise to the bad guy.

15. satajet

satajet New Member

Thats what Marcus has said time and again.

16. swampcrawler

swampcrawler New Member

Absolutely 100% correct. When this law gos in effect it won't take long to identify all the "wanna b's. I'll just keep mine cc'd,,as it has been for almost 40yrs now
    G

17. satajet

satajet New Member

I agree completely... Satsjet.

18. fowlken

fowlken New Member

I'm certain they're talking about Oklahoma because the Governor signed a bill allowing us to start OC the first of November!

19. MrWray

MrWray New Member

i have not seen one person OC since november 1st,kinda shocked actually.

20. activereality

activereality New Member

I've seen a couple. Mostly around like a QT and saw one at a dealership. I agree though. A defensive tool should remain in a concealed position until you are ready to change the game. Leaving it in the open in the wrong area and who knows who will want to grease their palm with it.