Whole Foods Customer survives multiple shots... Hows that Gun Free Zone workin for ya

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by kem1139, Dec 1, 2013.

1. kem1139

kem1139 New Member

2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Prohibition did not work and the drug war has not worked. What makes anti gunners think they can ban guns and they wont be smuggled in? The police will become targets to steal their guns. It will just start a new business opportunity for the mobs and cartels. Citizens will not be able to protect themselves and it will be wide open for the criminals. No sense of reality. Criminal do not obey the law. That is why they are criminals.

3. blackxpress

blackxpress Member

Way back in 1978 my first writing assignment in college was a research paper on gun control. At that point I didn't have a strong opinion one way or the other. In fact, the topic was assigned to me. I didn't choose the topic. My conclusion was pretty easy to arrive at. Gun control laws don't work and, in fact, they may actually increase violent crime rates. One of the central points in my paper was the one that JTJ just stated in post #2. Criminals do not obey gun control laws because they are, by definition CRIMINALS. If I, as a snot nosed college freshman, could figure that out in just a few days of research in the college library then why do you think it's so difficult for liberal politicians, journalists and egg headed intellectuals to grasp? Simple. They don't want to grasp the concept. Accepting the truth would require them to abandon one of the central pillars of their statist agenda. Fact is, gun control has never been about crime control. It's all about people control.

4. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Criminals may not observe laws but they certainly do recognize their usefulness. More as an opportunity to wreak sustained havoc than a "Should I do this" moment! About the only shooting spree ive heard of in the last 20 years that the perpetrator didnt take advantage of an unarmed population was the Navy Shipyard, he was just as suicidal as he was homicidal.

Understand, the liberal mindset values how things appear more than reality; criminals do as well, the mere appearance of overwhelming odds usually promotes success for the criminal, thats where they do their dirty work! Most criminals do not have a death wish for themselves, just for their victims. GFZ's might as well keep the Coroner on speed-dial instead of 911. Good news is customers in GFZ's all died healthier than in Non GFZ's, thats a selling point....!

5. jord1985

jord1985 New Member

Sooo you got an A I assume? Lol

Actually ship yard was a GFZ mil personnel cannot ccw on base and the weapons that some of them were able to get to had no ammo because the ammo is so tightly controlled, so sad.

http://www.gunnews.com/navy-yard-gun-free-zone/

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/091713-671411-washington-navy-yard-gun-free-zone.htm

http://reason.com/blog/2013/09/17/navy-yard-already-suffered-the-restricti

6. blackxpress

blackxpress Member

Yes, as a matter of fact. Of course it was a community college writing class so the prof was only concerned with the quality of the writing, not the content.

7. kem1139

kem1139 New Member

Yea it's unfortunate but Naval bases are gfz... A few years ago my wife and I made a trip to visit some friends who are in the military and stationed at Fort Bragg. Well it wasn't till we were almost there that I realized I had my conceal carry pistol with me and there wasn't anything I could do about it (since I was 500 miles from home). I knew we'd have to go threw a security checkpoint to get on base where they lived. I was told by our friends to wrap the gun up in my bag in some underwear and that they wouldn't go through it enough to find it. We made it on base but that was a very nervous 10 minutes.

8. Rentacop

Rentacop Well-Known Member

kem1139 :
    I bet that spare underwear came in handy later on as well ( LOL ) .

A professional drug dealer could tell you some nifty places to hide stuff in a car . One place is inside the spare tire compartment under the bolted-in tire or inside the bag holding the jack and wrench . Another is under the hood inside the air cleaner box . Still another is inside the fuse box compartment if there's room or up under the dash among the wiring . Hiding stuff under the floor mats is old hat . If you have a speaker and grill you can easily pull out of the door panel, you can hide a large object behind the speaker .
    More elaborate tricks include concealing things inside the spare tire itself ( You need to break the bead of the tire and reinflate ) , in seat cushions ( requires some upholstery skill ) , above the gas tank ( requires loosening the straps and retightening ) and inside a dummy muffler on a fake dual-exhaust system . Building a false bottom into the center console is risky ...
    For info purposes only, of course .

9. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

shoot the dillinger gang robbed many police stations for tommy guns and other weapons why wouldnt they think that would happen again if they prohibited weapons?

10. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm gonna call BS on this thread! Do a little reading about the CEO of Whole Foods who is a libertarian. I also shop at there often and they have no anti gun signs anywhere.

11. kem1139

kem1139 New Member

Whole Foods Customer survives multiple shots... Hows that Gun Free Zone worki...

You can call all the bs you want but it doesn't change the fact that it actually happened. Oh and by the way the whole foods close to my work has a no guns sign on the door. So explain that!

12. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Once again... A GFZ not backed up with a secured perimeter, armed guards, and metal detectors in NOT a GFZ.

It's a liberal wet dream and I stopped suffering fools long ago.

Tack

13. vincent

vincent New Member

Not BS...Maybe in your state there are no gun-buster signs but there are in MY state...

http://grnc.org/find-posted-restaurants

Don't call BS assuming all businesses in all states have the same store policy. Maybe YOU should do the research...

Simply put, you're mistaken...

14. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Bingo

Statists know full well that gun control increases violent crime and leaves honest citizens defenseless. This is exactly what they want, a cowed, fearful public who's only choice is to demand more and more police protection.

Every nation that's followed this path soon finds it impossible to distinguish between street criminal and costumed "police" criminals.

We all know the police don't make the laws but anyone willing to violate your liberty, be it for personal gain, or because its thier job, IS a criminal...

...and the public should treat them all equally.

Tack

15. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

There seems to be one point you are all missing. The Gun Free Zone didn't apply. According to the OP link, it happened in the parking lot. Don't you hate it when you have to find a new scapegoat?

16. 4sig

4sig New Member

unfortunately New Jersey is a de facto gun free zone which encourages incidents like the carjacking murder at the short hill mall on Sunday evening. Criminals are fairly confident that most jersey law abiding citizens are unarmed is this is a result. Even in New Jersey go to a gun range and see how respectful and defferential people are to each other. People don't have to be armed if they choose not to be but if a state allow CCW criminals tend to be less aggressive. Let's see the gun grabbing politicians take responsibility for enabling incidents like Sunday night.

17. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

I understand your point, and I can truly sympathize with you. That doesn't change the fact that this happened in Texas, an allegedly gun friendly state. It also happened outside the store.

On another note, there was a fatal shooting at a Whole Foods Market near Tampa, Florida back in October of this year. Again, it happened outside the store. A gunbuster sign for a business does not apply to the parking lot in this state. In fact, it is a criminal offense for a business to even ask if you have a gun in their parking lot. There are exceptions, but grocery stores are not one of them.