who would make this trade?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by mt6green, Jul 9, 2013.

1. mt6green

mt6green New Member

How many of you would trade a Ruger SR556 for a nice FAL with 12 mags and 500 rounds of ammo? This is a trade proposal I have. I have another AR but not another piston one. Who would do this? Good trade?

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I would like to have a FAL.

3. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Hurry up and make the trade before they recover their sanity!

4. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

^^^^^^
    This is my thinking on it.

5. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

What kind of FAL? Metric FAL or inch pattern L1A1? Who made it? Was it a Century Arms cobbled together rifle in full preban configuration that can take muzzle devices and bayonets or has it been neutered? I'm not big on pistons being required in an AR, so that doesn't bother me, but if it bothers you to be without the piston then you need to figure out how big of a deal it is. They still make Rugers.

6. hq357

hq357 New Member

I would defiantly do it! Ruger sr556 are piston driven guns made by ruger not all piston ar rifles are made the same so if anything breaks your screwed and cant just buy a new piece for it unless you send it to the factory, the direct impingement or DI driven ar15s have been using almost the same design since vietnam and its still being used by the military today check out nutnfancys video on youtube If you already have a regular ar15 id say keep it and get that fal its one of the most famous battle rifles used in the world the right wing of the free world or whatever but the fal is pretty darn cool if you dont have a 308 battle rifle i suggest you trade that piston ar becuase youll just have 2 of the same looking guns you only live once so id say yes get it! But if its a poorly made cheap clone then id do some more research if its made by FN herstal then jump on that!

7. mt6green

mt6green New Member

It is a .308 imbel reciever...says it take metric or standard mags....and includes SWFLA SS 10x42 scope....

ForumRunner_20130709_212514.jpg

ForumRunner_20130709_212600.jpg

ForumRunner_20130709_212600.jpg

ForumRunner_20130709_212514.jpg

8. mt6green

mt6green New Member

More details please let me know
    It is a century imported Imbel receiver. It's not a g1, it is a Steyr FNFAL stg58. It is a hammer forger barrel.I'm not sure about matching numbers. When the barrel was timed it was set between a lower match and upper field grade chambering. British l1a1 mag release (longer). It is a metric receiver and will accept inch and metric mags. Brand new springs throughout rifle. Tapco first generation picatinny rail which was hand fitted. Original stga 58 stock set. I also have a spare piston, and some metal hand guards, and the original bolt. British L1A1 bolt currently installed with sand-cuts and 2 piece firing pin. This rifle has the short gas system. Those 3 alone make it more reliable than an off shelf FAL.

450ish rounds - avalanche defense tactics LLC (colorado) .308 147gr fmj. Brass ammo in ammo can, 90-100 rounds Ball L2A2 ammo. (told it was British surplus) also a bag of russian steel case .308... That's 2 ammo cans worth.

9. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Sounds pretty good to me. I'd go for a standard receiver cover and ditch the rail, but that's me.

10. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

I would so do that trade.

1. the FAL is AWESOME.
    2. All you need to do is get a piston system for your other AR.

11. Garadex

Garadex New Member

12. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Make the trade. You will be pleased unless there is something wrong with the gun you don't know about.